Imagine #5 : Masquerade Ball 1/2

Author's Note: I decided to change what happened in Season two, Plan B the masquerade ball in order to fit my storyline.    Kai will have his powers he absorbed from the Travelers' magic.

KAI PARKER IMAGINES
05. MASQUERADE BALL 1/2

+

         You entered the Lockwood Mansion with Bonnie and Caroline. There was a million other things you could be doing on this Halloween night, none of them including being within a hundred feet radius of Mystic Falls.

                              But Bonnie and Caroline insisted that you came, that you needed a night out to forget about him. But how could you forget about Kai trying to strangle you in the prison world or anything he ever did to you?

          But you decided to go anyways, ignoring your insistent that you should have stayed home. Bonnie and Caroline knew how much you hated Kai for what he did to you, but you didn't want them trying to make you forgive him again. Convince you that he's changed for you because that was bullshit. Kai only thought about número uno.

              But Stefan needed your help, they all needed your help. You couldn't deny helping Stefan considering all that he's done for you. He's been the most understanding about your relationship with Kai, even gave you advice.
Caroline told you that Katherine wanted Stefan and Damon to give her the moonstone tonight, otherwise Katherine would 'rip this town apart until it rained blood.' So the gang came up with a plan to kill Katherine, prepared with Alaric's weapons.

       The plan started with Stefan and Katherine dancing, you stood by the champagne bored completely out of your mind. Your black pumps were killing your feet and your pretty sure you looked ridiculous as hell in your mask.

                           There was honestly nobody to talk, considering everyone was spread out for the plan. But you figured watching Stefan try to convince Katherine to go with him to the moonstone, was more interesting than this party.

                In a strange way you wanted a love like Stefan and Katherine, something adventurous and dangerous. Then again Stefan despised her and had no love interest in her whatsoever. So maybe you didn't want a love like their's but you did want one similar. You took a sip of your champagne glaring around the dance floor at the dancers.

              "You look miserable."

                   You sigh under your breathe, as Kai saunters around your left with a cocky grin. You couldn't help the smile that was slowly creeping a pound your lips so you took a sip of your drink. "Why are you here?" you ask, but it was obvious and you knew that he was here for you.

        Kai's eyes pierce through his black masquerade mask and directly at you. You remember when there was a time when his eyes made your heart beat faster and your knees go weak. Kai reaches towards you to grab a glass of champagne, "Because I was invited," he acknowledged your question with a condescending sneer. "You look magnetically beautiful by the way."

                  You ignore his compliment, "Who invited you?"

                      Kai pretends to think for a second, but you know he's just trying to keep you wondering. After what he did to you, Stefan told him to leave Mystic Falls and never try to communicate with you never again. "Katherine Pierce invited me." he says with a grin, as if it was an honor to be invited by the queen of betrayal herself. You roll your eyes, glaring over his shoulder at Stefan. But it wasn't Katherine's party to invite Kai too.