Imagine #37: Psychoville

KAI PARKER IMAGINES
                37. PSYCHOVILLE

+

"You can't like him!" Care shouts, "He's totally Unlikeable!"

"But the heart wants what it wants." you sigh, dramatically. And it was the truth, you didn't seem to have a handle on your emotions towards Kai.

"Yeah, an idiotic heart." she sneers, staring at you like a train wreck. "Did you just call my heart idiotic?" and she covers her face in her hands, "Yes. Yes I called your heart idiotic... But that's not the point." she exclaims, frustratingly.
"Y/N, listen to me, I'm your best friend. And as your best friend I am telling you not to go to Psychoville with Kai." she demands, referring to the romantic getaway with Kai.

"Caroline, he's not taking me to Psychoville. Can you add less pretend to happy for me?" you ask politely. She clenched her hands together, "Fine. But if you find yourself in a life or death situation, just know that I told you so."

You snort, "Thanks I guess."

The doorbell rings and Care give you a look, "Be nice." you say, pointing at her teasingly. You went to open the door and found Kai holding a bouquet of roses.
"I wasn't sure if this was too much or not? It's just that I've never been on one of these." he laughs nervously. You shake your head, "The roses are beautiful," you exclaim, happily. Kai hands you the roses and smiles at you.

You motioned for him to come inside, "I'm going to put these in a vase." you tell Kai, and you leave the room.
Once you put your roses into a vase you headed back towards the kitchen, but heard Care talking to Kai. You were curious of what she was telling him, it wasn't uncommon for people to try to get straight with someone they care about dating someone else.

You stood beside the kitchen doorway, listening to Caroline.
"Just so we're clear, if you do anything to Y/N; I'm talking anything from a baby scar to her coming back home heart broken, I'll find you and I'll kill you. Understand?" Caroline explains to Kai.

"Listen, Caroline I would never do anything to hurt Y/N. I know that it's cliché to say that I love her and how she makes my heart beat faster, but she does. I know that I've done some bad things in my past, but I'd never do anything to hurt her." Kai explains, and lean your back against the doorframe smiling.

You entered the kitchen, "There you go." you grin, placing the vase on the counter. Kai and Care turned to face you, "Are you guys okay?" you ask, with arched eyebrow.
Care claps her hands, "Absolutely, I was just-t telling Kai...."

Kai smiles, "Caroline was telling me about a perfect meal to cook you, once we got to the Lake house." you knew he was lying but you play along, "Oh really," you glare at Care. "What are you playing on cooking?"
Kai laughs nervously, glaring at Caroline for assistance.

Care clears her throat, "Ummm... Ravioli!" and Kai nods, "I'll put your bags in the car." he mumbles, quickly doing so.
       Once he out of ear shot you look at Care, "Seems as if you were wrong about him." and Caroline smiles at you. "Now go, charming is waiting outside for you."

You say goodbye to Caroline who promised to let nothing happen to your home while you were gone. Kai and you enjoyed your romanic getaway, roasting marshmallows, cuddling and watching the sunset.
It felt nice to get away and spend some quality time with Kai, you couldn't as for anything more.