Imagine #59: Overly Protective Boyfriend 2/2

KAI PARKER IMAGINES
59. OVERLY PROTECTIVE BOYFRIEND 2/2

Previously: You, Rebekah and Lexi go to New Orleans in hope for you to escape your high school boyfriend Kai. He is determined to find you and you know his intentions aren't good. Damon is worried that you won't be safe without him, that going to New Orleans with the girls is not enough protection.

+

You dried your hands off on a paper towels, then tossed it into the garbage can. You stood in front of the mirror, running your fingers through your hair.
You were tempted to call Damon on your phone because you knew that he as worried about you. But then you remembered that Rebekah had your phone, and she was keeping it in order to prevent you from speaking to your boyfriend.

If Damon knew you were in New Orleans he would be there in seconds, trying to drag you back to Mystic Falls.

You stared at your reflection, resting your hands on the edge of the sink. Every moment you were able to be in silence gave you time to think about all that was happening right now.
            Elena, Caroline, Stefan, Bonnie, and Liv were worried sick about you. The agreed that staying in Mystic Falls would have been safer, because they could all protect you.

                "Y/N!?"

You froze, to knowing who was calling your name at first. You knew it wasn't Kai but that didn't mean it couldn't be someone you couldn't trust.
The lights began to flicker in the bathroom, so you glared around the empty room. All the stalls were closed, you quickly began walking pass the stalls, trying to get to the door. Just as you were about to grasp the door handle, the last stall behind you swung open.

"Who's there?!" you croaked, loudly as you turned around. You cleared your throat, I'm a vampire... I shouldn't be scared, you told yourself. You slowly took a step closer towards the open stall, as it slammed shut and then reopened.
"This isn't funny!" You blurted, as you slowly approached the stall with your hand extended out.

                    You could feel your hand trembling in fear as you gripped the shall, and swung it open. Before you could even catch a glimpse of the toilet or anything in the stall, bats came swarming at you.
          In fear you screamed, as the bats were flapping their wings and pulling your hair.

                       The only person who knew that you hated bats was Kai.

                                  You used your vamp speed to get out of the bathroom, swatting the air and your hair. You weren't paying attention and ran right into something, that stood in front of the bathroom entrance.

You screamed even louder, but Elijah pushed you against the wall and covered your mouth. The bats flew out of the bathroom, and down the hallway. Once you realized it was him you took a deep breathe and sighed in relief.
He stared into your eyes for a moment, then removed his hand from your lips. Elijah placed his hands against the wall, right above your shoulders. His stood extremely close to you and heart began to heart faster, as you stared at him. He glared down the hallway, "He's here." He mumbles, referring to Kai.
You slowly peaked your eyes off Elijah and followed his glare down the hallway.

The lights flickered on and off, Elijah turned back to face you and when your eyes meet his he quickly stood up straight. "Ermm, are you okay?" He asks, as he cleared his throat. You nodded quickly, "Yeah," you smiled, trying to break the awkward tension between you two.
You haven't seen Elijah in six months, you missed him ever since he left Mystic Falls. Things didn't work out between you and him as you had hoped, and now seeing him felt strange.

You and him rushed out of the building, running right into Rebekah and Lexi. "Y/N!" Rebekah shouts, with excitement. "You two were suppose to be watching her, what happened?"
Lexi placed her hands on her hips as she glared at Rebekah to respond to her brother. Rebekah arched her eyebrows, "I turned my back for one second and she was gone."

You pulled away from Elijah who was still holding you close to him, "I just went to the bathroom." You exchanged eye contact with the three of them, and suddenly the street lights blew out. The busy streets became silent for a moment, before they spiraled into outburst.

                     You could feel the fear running down your spine, because you knew it was Kai. Suddenly the sky began to become closely, the clouds were pulling in at an unbelievably fast rate.
          Lexi, Rebekah and Elijah were all staring up at the sky along with thousands of other people. "What's happening?" Lexi mumbles. You lowered you eyes at her and you noticed something drop on her face, within seconds she screamed and touched her cheek.

              Before anyone knew it was raining but you knew it wasn't water, because it wouldn't have made Lexi scream in pain.

                     "Vervain."

And it seemed as if as soon as the word escaped you lips, it began raining harder. More people began to scream and you realized there was more vampires than you thought.
Elijah, Beck, and Lexi quickly rushed to take cover as you glared around your surrounding.

The vervain was obviously harmless on you because you were  non-supernatural, but you still took cover because you didn't want to be drenched in water.
You pulled your hood over your head as you ran to your friends standing under a balcony. They looked like they were in the most pain humanly imaginable, which in their case probably was.

              You needed to act quickly, because you were unsure of the dangers ahead. "I need your car keys!" You shout over the rain, Rebekah quickly fished the keys out of her jacket and gave them to you.
                          Elijah shouted your name, wanting to know what you were doing but you ran off down the street.

            "Where the hell is the car?" You murmured to yourself, as the vervain poured from the sky. People were rushing past you and hiding inside buildings in order to avoid the vervain.
                      The people who weren't shouting in pain were non-supernatural, and assumed it was rain ruining their hair and clothes. You crossed the street and glared up and down the street.

There was still so many people rushing past you, covering their heads and scattering around.
The vervain was coming down heavily, as people began to leave the area. Less than a block away you could see Rebekah, Elijah, and Lexi hiding under the balcony. They weren't looking at you, in that moment you were thinking about how you were going to save your friends.

You slowly turned around, and that's when you jumped. Kai was walking towards you, he looked calm. "I didn't come here to hurt you, I just want to talk to you."
You began to panic, "We have absolutely nothing to talk about." He took a few steps forward and you stepped back, "Whatever you want to say to me and happen right here." He extends his hand out, "Do you still love me?" You laughed, but you didn't respond because it was true. "Stop being afraid about what everyone else will think."

                     You sighed, "I'm not."

       You flickered his eyes down at his hand, "Then what are you waiting for?" You hesitated to take his hand, "We can far away from here if that's what you want," he knew you were hesitating.
"you can always make new friends." You bit the side of you lip, "You aren't going to hurt me?" You ask, skeptically. he shakes his head. "Promise me...." You demanded.

                         He grins at you, "I promise." You grabbed his hand, believing in every word that he said.