Imagine #20 : Friendsgiving

KAI PARKER IMAGINES
20. FRIENDSGIVING

+

"Doll face, pass the gravy." Kai tries to make direct eye contact with you, from across the table. He wanted to know if you heard him so he sat up straighter in his seat, shifting from side to side to see if you were listening.
You had a hard time yourself trying to see past the bouquet of white roses, that stood in a glass vase in the center of the table.
Damon sets down his fork, "I'm trying to enjoy a nice meal and I'd rather not hear you baffling between chews."

Kai sighs, "Well then can you add least pass me the gravy?" he asks Damon, but he grins. "What gravy?" but everyone including Kai knew there was gravy, but Damon was just being a jackass as usual.
Elena sat beside Damon, she stared solemnly at him. "Damon, be a gentlemen and pass Kai the gravy, remember this is called Friendsgiving for a reason." she reminds, but Damon gives Kai a nauseating look.

"Damon you should listen to your girlfriend, she's right." Kai laughs, he was unable to hide the scorn in his voice.

"You listen here, you little weasel!" Damon shouts, bolting up from his seat. Elena grabs his arm trying to hold him back, Kai stares up at a furious Damon.

"Let's no forget that I can kill vampires by absorbing the magic of vampirism, which keeps you alive or undead." he reminds, blankly. Damon slowly sits down, "Who invited you anyways?" he asks Kai.
Elena sighs, "I did." and Damon gives her a frown, "Why on earth would you do that?" and you just sat quietly beside Stefan eating your food.

"Because he deserves to be here just as much as you do, Damon. Everyone sitting at this table has done something that they regret. I would say that's what makes us human but the one person that still is, is Matt." and everyone thinks heavily by what Stefan said.
Kai glares around the table, "Who's up for some charades?" at first everyone just stares at him, he really knew how to say the wrong thing at the wrong time. Liv, Jo and Alaric haven't said a single word the entire time and you guessed it was because they didn't want to be here.

To break the ice you stood up from your seat, "That sounds like a wonderful idea." and Kai smiles at you.

It was obvious everyone wasn't comfortable having Kai over, especially after everything he had done. But that's what Friendsgiving was all about; forgiveness.
Alaric insisted that him and Jo lead the game, and Kai splits everyone into two groups.

Group Alpha:
Kai
• you
• Stefan
• Bonnie
• Liv

Group Omega:
Damon
• Elena
• Tyler
•Caroline
•Matt

Alaric and Jo wrote down charade topic ideas and put them into a bowl from the Salvortore kitchen. The teams sit across from each other on the red sofas, awkwardly. Which ever team won two rounds would win the game.

"Who's up first?" Kai questions, but nobody responses.

"Bonnie?" Kai looks at her and she stands up and digs into the bowl, being held by Jo. She smiles at the piece of paper, then hands Alaric the piece of paper as she turns to the rest.
You and the alpha team get ready to guess, as Bonnie acts out.

She places on hand on her hip, stares at your team with a stern look. Then she pretends to tilt her hat, clenching her jawline tight.
The alpha team is mumbling ummm and Ahaaaaa, but nobody makes an actual guess. Bonnie pretends to panic, motioning as if she wanted people to advocate the area.