Imagine #11 :Forbidden Love

KAI PARKER IMAGINES
            11. FORBIDDEN LOVE

+

Kai sits with slouched shoulders, "I am good." he murmurs, softly. You stare at him in pity, "Yes you are." you whisper back, but you knew he isn't necessarily talking to you.
Apart of him is speaking aloud, trying to convince himself that he is good when everyone expect for you were against him.
You want him to know that you don't see him as the monster he was, but as the person he is he today; trying to make up for what he has done.

"I haven't killed anybody for three weeks."

"You temporarily killed Damon." you joke, trying to make him smile for once. But Kai rolls his eyes, as if he could care less about him. He glares out your bedroom window then back at you, "He deserved it." and Kai was totally right.

He had every right to be angry at Damon. You understood Kai's love for you but if anyone was more pissed with Damon it was you.
He was this blood-thirsty humanity less vampire with some serious jealously issues. Luckily for Damon, you weren't a vampire or a witch, you were non-supernatural. In a way that was good and bad for you. Good, because being a vampire was to much of a hassle and you would suck as a witch trying to remember spells.
The bad thing for you, was if you were a vampire you would be drinking blood. You could never be able to inflict pain on others even other species. The whole witch thing seemed downright exhausting.

Everyone's hatred for Kai got worst once Bonnie came back from the prison world. She told the gang everything he had done to her. Elena couldn't trust him after he practiced his magic on her and the countless amount of threats.

Stefan didn't understand your involvement with Kai, why you loved him and protected him so much. Your sister Caroline somewhat understood, which was the first.

You thought she would be totally judgmental about your relationship, but you guessed Caroline realized where you were coming from. Since she once dated one of the Original vampires, the bad and dangerous Klaus. But you expected Stefan out of all people to understand as well, because he loved Katherine once.

And Elena?

She wasn't one to admit anything she knew was wrong, that she did anyways. She would never admit that she understood your love, even if you mentioned how horrible Damon was. And why would she? She practically hates you for stealing Damon's heart from her.

But from how you saw things, if you truly loved the first person-- Damon, you wouldn't have fallen in love in the second person with is Kai. Obviously, the first love wasn't your true love.

Elena blames you for kissing Damon, stringing him along and ruining what they had.
You were lost in the moment, your feelings were real for Damon but not as strong as you thought they were. You had apologized but nobody seems to care. Once Kai and you began coming closer, Damon began his hatred.

He would make silly remarks about you two, gawk at you and Kai from across the room at Mystic Grill. But he had became worst once he flipped his humanity switch off.
You didn't know you had that much affect on Damon, that he would turn his humanity off just to stop the pain of losing you. But the truth was he never had you, what you two once had would never last.

You sit closer to Kai, placing your hand against his jawline. "Listen, I love you. That's all that matters, right?" you tilt his chin upwards, towards you. He stares up at you like a lost puppy, wide blue-gray eyes staring into yours.

He nods, "Right."

You smile, "It's you and me against the world?"

Kai leans in to kiss you, "Absolu --"