Imagine #36: Beyhond Your Reach 1/2

KAI PARKER IMAGINES
36. BEYOND YOUR REACH

Song: Oblivion by Bastille

+

              "I want you to be honest with me." Stefan says, as he looks into your eyes. And you frown, not understanding where he was coming from.
                          "Be honest with you? Stefan, haven't I always been honest to you?" you take a few steps close to him, placing the palm of your hand against his jawline. You and him were staring into each other's eyes, worryingly. He looked heart broken and you wanted to know why.

"I don't know, Y/N, have you?"

         You lift your hand away from his face, feeling the need to distant yourself from him.  None of it made sense, he was questioning you about being truthful to him because he didn't trust you.
                   You and him could always trust each other even at the most hardest points in your relationship.

He grabs your hand and holds it. "Of course I've been honest with you, why would you think otherwise?"

                          Stefan rubs the back of your hand with his thumb, his eyes are everywhere but never staring at yours. "I know it's silly but ever since Kai came, you've been acting different -- distant as if you were avoiding me." he admits, and he clears his throat as if the words almost got catch in his throat.

             You shook your head, "Whatever happened in the past is in the past." and you wanted Stefan to believe that because it was true.
                    "Whenever he's around you look at him as if he was the same person you use to know. You stare at him and as soon as his eyes meet yours, you admittedly look away; lowering your head with a smile. You try to play it off as if he doesn't mean anything." Stefan explains, but you didn't want to hear it.

                "Have you been honest with me?" at first you hesitated to dismay him, but you knew it had to be done. "Elena?" and his jawline clenches slowly, and his expression looks regretful.
         He doesn't look at you at first, trying to pull himself together. When he looks at you, he's trying to act as if it isn't true. "You keep bringing up Kai as if you wanted to convince yourself I'm the one who isn't being honest. Maybe there is still a part of me that looks at him and thinks that he might still be in there. But at the end of the day he isn't lingering in the back of my mind; you are. But I'm curious if I'm lingering in the back of yours?"

              Stefan glares up at the ceiling, fluttering his eyelashes at the light. When his eyes meet yours, you can see the tears building up. He wanted to deny his love for Elena so bad, apart of you wanted to hear him say it; say that he didn't love you.

                   But the other part was hoping he would still love you, because you loved him.

                              "She was your first real love. Whenever I see you two together, I think about all that you and her have been through. Your love for her is endless and even when your with me, I can't help but think of her and you. Elena was meant for you and if I can see that, I'm pretty sure everyone else can; including you." you whisper, trying to keep your voice steady.

                            "I see it."

You nod, "Goodbye Stefan."