Imagine #17 : Psycho Magnet 1/2

KAI PARKER IMAGINES
        17. PSYCHO MAGNET 1/2

+

                  "Sorry, I'm late." you murmur under your breathe, as you quickly rushed into the into the back room of the Mystic Grill. Matt followed in behind you, dressed in his uniform.
       He stood in the door frame with the same confused frown he often times gave you, "What the hell happened to you? I thought you weren't gonna show up today!" he blurts, as you quickly unlocked your locker and pulled out a pair of black skinny jeans.

You began sliding the jeans on, "That's not the uniform." Matt reminds dreadfully. You roll my eyes as he continues to stare at you from the waist down. As you hopped around trying to put your jeans on, "I know that, I just didn't want to pull my skirt down in front of you." and he sighs in  annoyance.
                Once your jeans are on you quickly pulled down your skirt, and kick them off. Matt picks up your black Chicwish Quilted Faux Leather skirt, from the floor and tosses it in your locker. As you pull your blouse over your head, he hands you your white buttoned down shirt. "You never did answer my question." he mumbles, turning around to give you privacy. As you quickly put the button down shirt on.

                           You knew he wanted you to explain how you got a bruise above your eye. But it wasn't a big deal, you could hardly notice it.

                            You catch your breathe for a second, "I woke up late, took a shower and fell in the shower." and his eyes widened in surprise, "I told you that you needed to be early your first day, Y/N." and you groan in annoyance.
"You can you just stop being my annoyingly protective and overreacted older brother for one day. I mean I ended up in a ten minute coma from falling in the shower, which by the way happened because I was trying to get to work on time." you notify, Matt was technically your older step-brother.

       He was the only family you had and you always wanted a sibling.

                    Matt's eyes squint as he leans closer to you, "You what?" he mumbles. You motion for him to hand you your name tag,
"I'm alright, obviously. I didn't need to go to the hospital." you laugh, frowning and furrowing your eyebrows over his dramatic response. He tosses you your black apron, you check to make sure you had everything.

You thought to yourself,
Order pad holder.
Pen.
Napkin.
blah.
blah.
blah.
Check.

"That's besides the point, I told you to come home last night for a reason," he states, as you quickly exit the room. Matt follows behind you, "so that you wouldn't wake up in some guy's bath tub, or wake up on the sidewalk with a bottle of bourbon in your hands."
                         You pause halfway down the small hallway, "Don't you think your being a little bit melodramatic?" and he gives you another look. You tired to put yourself in his shoes, understand why he was so protective of you.

        Vicky was just like her mother, Kelly Donovan in a way: she drank, smoked, went to parties and drank.
Vicky always did whatever she wanted, avoided her responsibilities; the only difference is Kelly avoided her responsibilities as a parent, but both hung around the wrong crowd. She always put herself in situations where she ended up screwing herself over.

You had to remind yourself that Matt didn't  want you to end up like them; dead like Vicky or constantly running away like his mom.

                                    Matt wanted to protect you because you were all he had.