Imagine #58: The Girl From His Dreams

KAI PARKER IMAGINES
58. THE GIRL FROM HIS DREAMS

+

            Bonnie and Caroline helped Kai plan your homecoming, you finished your first year in college and now you were back in Mystic Falls. The previous year, you had planned to go to Whitemore College but all of your friends insisted that you go to a college out of Virginia.
                 You haven't arrived yet and you didn't even know what your friends and Kai had planned. Kai took you home and told you to get dressed, you assumed you and him were going on a date.

Care was rushing around, telling everyone not to drink all of the champagne. Meanwhile Bonnie was waiting by the entrance, taking sips of her drink. Stefan was trying to keep her calm, in hopes that she wouldn't annoy the guest so much that they left.
Most of the people that were invited were people you knew in high school that haven't seen you in years. Damon and Elena were flirting over near the chocolate fountain, Bonnie was a little annoyed. For the past thirteen minutes a man has been lingering around, but Bonnie knew that he wasn't a friend.

Bonnie was watching him from afar, wondering when he would leave. She took a sip of her champagne, then slowly approached the man.
"Enzo? Is it?" She smiles, as the man turns around and faces her and nods. "You said you were waiting for Y/N? May I ask how exactly do you know her?"

He smiles, "Yes, is she coming?" She nods, he didn't really answer her question. "Did you go to Whitemore with Y/N? I've never seen you around." He glared at the entrance, waiting for your arrival.

"Not exactly...." She didn't understand why he was avoiding her question, he was acting strange.
Bonnie stared at him, she waited for him to continue. "This might sound strange but I know Y/N from a dream..." Bonnie clears her throat somewhat, "A dream? How did that happen?" She glared over her shoulder at Damon and Elena, motioning her head for them to come over.

Damon and Elena came over, Enzo didn't know what was going so he glared away and continued to wait. "What's wrong?" Elena whispers, as she walked up to Bonnie. Damon glared over at Enzo, he assumed that he was bothering Bonnie or something.
                     "He claims that he knows Y/N..." She whispers, Damon frowns. "So does most of the people here, what's the big deal?" Bonnie looked over at Damon, "From his dreams... he said that he knew her from his dreams." Damon frown disappears, "Is that some kind of supernatural thing? Should I be concerned about him doing something that could cost someone their lives?" Elena exchanged eye contact with Bonnie, Damon noticed their expressions but he shook his head.
             "Come on, please?" Elena and Bonnie whine, motioning towards Enzo. Damon sighed, "Alright...." He mutters, as he approaches Enzo. "Hey, I'm Damon Salvatore." Enzo glared down at his hand, he was somewhat surprised that anyone had said hello to him.

He shook Damon's hand, "Enzo." He mumbles, Damon grins. "So how do you know Y/N? Did you go to school with her?"

Enzo rubbed the back of his neck nervously, "Not necessarily..... I actually never met Y/N, it was strangest thing really. I had a dream about her, well technically it was images of her.... burry images but I'm positive it was her." Damon nods slowly, "Do you know how or why you got these images?"
Enzo shakes his head, "I wish I could tell you..." Damon had never heard of such a thing, "How did you know to come here to Mystic Falls?"

His eyes lower, he felt a little embarrassed. "I may have saw images of the Mystic Falls sign? I honestly don't know..." Damon clears his throat, "What do you think these dreams or images mean?" Enzo shrugs, "Perhaps it means that we are suppose to meet?" Damon pats him on back sympathetically, "Yeah, that's not gonna happen."
Enzo frowned a little, "Why?" Damon sighs, "Because firstly, you don't even know if that was Y/N in your creepy dreams or whatever."

"Creepy?"

Damon rolled his eyes,"Secondly, Y/N has a boyfriend who happens to be a sociopath. So if you want to have problems with him, which I don't think you do because any sane person wouldn't, I suggest you leave."
Damon was getting ready to lead him to the door when you and Kai came in through the front door. Everyone looked over towards you two and shouted out, "Surprise!" Care groaned, as she glared around at everyone.

"What part of surprise do you people not understand? I might have not mention surprising Y/N, but I thought it was pretty self explanatory considering she's been gone for like five years!" Stefan placed his hands on her shoulders, as he slowly steered her away from the crowd.
You grinned at Damon and everyone smiling back at you. "Surprise!" Kai laughs, and you hugged him. Bonnie walked up to Damon and Enzo, "You need to leave." She mutters at Enzo, he ignores her and turned around. As soon as he sees you his eyes never once looked away, you noticed but you acted as if it wasn't bothering you.

You whispered into Kai's ear, "I'll be back in a moment." He nodded, as he walked away. You smiled at Bonnie who was standing beside the stranger staring at you, "Y/N." Bonnie smiles, as she brought you into a hug. The stranger was staring at you as if you were some sort of mythical creature, you stared at the stranger as you hugged Bonnie.
            "Can we have a moment to talk?" You asked Bonnie as you two parted, she exchanged eyes with Enzo before she walked away.

                    You rubbed the black silk sleeves of you dress, "Did I go to high school with you?" You knew you didn't but you didn't know what say, he smiled at you. "No I didn't...." You placed her index finger on your chin, as if you were thinking.
"Do you believe that two people are destined to be together?" You chuckled, "Ah, I guess?" You didn't understand why he was asking such a ridiculous question, you didn't even know him. "What's you name again?" You knew you never asked, but you wanted him to get clue. "I'm Enzo."

You parted your lips to reply but he answered for you, "Y/N, I already know your name." You ran you fingers through your hair, "And that's where I ask, have we ever meet?" You were beyond uncomfortable, but you tried not to show it, "I know you from a dream that I had," you stared at him worryingly, "yes, I know its strange. But I feel as if we've met before?"
You slowly shook your head, "I'm sorry but we haven't, trust me I would remember a man named Enzo who happened to have a British accent." You somewhat regretted approaching him, "I must have you confused with someone else."

He smiled weakly at you, "My apologizes." He began walking towards the door but you stopped him, and you didn't stop him. Apart of you wanted to know if you were the girl in his dreams, and if so why. You wondered if you had met Enzo and if so why hadn't you not remembered him.
It was all so strange, but you knew one thing. Even if Enzo did have a dream about you, you and him weren't destined to be together. As well as if he actually met you in person, but neither of you truly remember it happening it wasn't going to change anything.

You decided to forget about Enzo and find Kai, you knew that tonight needed to be focused on hanging out with him and your friends. You weren't going to focus on some strange man that you would possibly see again.
But every now and then you thought about Enzo all throughout the night. You hoped that he would find whoever he was searching for, because you knew it wouldn't be you.

+

a/n: thanks for 25k reads! 😀👍