Chapter 1

I don't remember much from that day. The day my parents died.

I remember getting in the car and being all excited to buy a new 3ds game that I had wanted for a while. It was only a few days after my 9th birthday.

We stopped at a red light, and waited for it to turn green. When it did, we started moving and I heard a loud screeching noise. Then it all went black.

When I woke up, I was in a hospital bed. My right arm was in a thick cast and bandages were wrapped around my torso and head. A few seconds later and 2 nurses were at my side. I had asked them what had happened and where my parents were.

They looked at each other in silence and bit their lips, not knowing how to break the news to a little boy.

I started to get worry and asked them again, wincing in pain as I tried to sit up. One nurse gently pushed me back down saying, "It's gonna be okay, Jason. We'll take care of you until you're better."

"Get away from me!" I had shouted back, "I want my Mom and Dad! Where are they?"

"Calm down. You're safe."

"Mom! Dad! Where are you?" I screamed as I squirmed away from the nurse.

Suddenly, the other nurse wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug. I could feel a few tears drip onto my bare back.

"They're gone, Jason." Her voice cracked as she said it, "They're gone."

I didn't understand at first, but then it sank in, and I started crying.

It's been 2 years since the accident.

I was sent to an orphanage not long after my recovery, and I've been here ever since. It's not that nobody wants me. It's just that I don't want new parents. I've always been a little shy, but if any couples come to interview, I make sure not to say a word. No matter how terrible this place is, I am not going to live with some strangers who think they can replace my parents!

I am always bullied by the older boys because I'm one of the youngest kids and the weakest. They call me names, trip me, punch me and they hardly ever get caught.

Most nights, the only time I get to be by myself is when I sneak outside after dinner. I usually don't wander too far so I don't get lost, but tonight was really bad. My roomate, who's just a year older but much taller than me, was angery for some reason and started hitting me. I was used to it by now, but I still needed to get away and stay out of the house for a while.

It was October and it was getting chillier, but I just shoved my hands in my pocket and continued walking. I had done so for about 10 minutes before I started shivering.

I should turn back soon, I thought, but Nick might still be mad. A little further wouldn't hurt, right?

I heard some twigs snap over to my left! I froze and slowly turned to see what made the noise.

At first, I didn't see anything, but then I heard a low pained moan. I saw something shift in the darkness, but slowly, as if moving caused it great pain.

Out of curiosity and concern, I stepped off the path to get a closer look. I quietly made my way towards the dark figure. It hadn't noticed me until I was just a few feet away, and then I was staring into it's white eyes.

*******************************************************************************************
I couldn't help myself! I had to start a story about these guys! I can't stop thinking about them!
Anyway, I have some pretty great ideas for these two! So I hope you decide to tag along for the ride and please Comment, Vote, and Share!