Chapter 2

Those big white eyes stared at me. They had no pupils, but they held so much emotion! I can't explain it, but I know how this creature feels. It's alone and hurt, maybe even scared.

It turns towards me and I get a good look at it. I'm surprised to see that it looks like a human, but with...purple skin? It's also much taller than the average adult! I then notice the long gashes on it's arms and chest, the pants it is wearing are ripped and blood soaked.

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaim, "You're hurt really bad!" I moved closer to the creature.

"Stay back, little human." He growled lowly.

I froze and stared back at the creature, "Y-you can talk?"

"Of course I can, little human." he replied, "Now, stay back or I'll-"

He winced in pain when he moved and slouched back against the tree.

"You're really hurt." I said as I regained my small amount of confidence, "Please let me help you."

"Why aren't you afraid of me?" He asked as he gripped his shoulder in pain, "I could kill you with one swipe."

I flinched at this but stood my ground, "Because I know you won't. You're too weak to do anything. Now please let me help you."

The creature sighed and looked up at me with a sad and defeated expression, "What can a little human like you do to help someone like me?"

I thought about this for a second, "Well, I could run back to the house to get the First aid kit. I could give you some bandages for your wounds."

"Fine, little human." He sighed and looked away from me.

I nodded and turned to run back to the house, but a large purple hand wrapped around my wrist. I looked back at the creature who stared at me with his piercing white eyes.

"Do not tell anyone about me, little human." He warned.

I gave him a small smile, "Don't worry, I won't. I'll be back as fast as I can so don't go anywhere!"

He stared at me for a little longer then slowly let go of my wrist and turned away. I jogged back to the path and ran back to the house.

I slowly opened the back door so as not to make a sound, and glanced around to make sure no one was in the kitchen before walking in. I grabbed my backpack and emptied it of my books. Then, I went to the bathroom and grabbed the first aid kit from under the sink and shoved it into my backpack. I left my backpack by the back door and went to go get some water bottles out of the fridge.

"What are you doing, Jason,?" A female voice asked.

I jumped at the sound and turned around to look at Mrs. Keistone, one of the people in charge of the orphanage. She was wearing a blue nightshirt and thin white pajama pants.

"O-oh, I-I was just getting some water." I replied.

She sighed, "Okay, but after that it's straight to bed! Got it?"

"Yes, Mrs. Keistone."

She gave me a sympathetic smile and leaned down to kiss the top of my head, "You know you can talk to me about anything, right, Jason?"

I nodded in response. I hate it when she does that! Acting like my mom when she's not!

I waited until I heard her bedroom door close before I threw 2 water bottles in my backpack along with some little snacks. Zipping up my backpack and grabbing a flashlight, I opened the back door as quietly as I could and made my way back into the woods.

Once I was back on the path, I turned on my flashlight and jogged back to where I left the creature. I strayed from the path again and looked around with my flashlight.

"Hello?" I called, "Are you still there? I've got the first aid kit and some water!"

"I'm over here, little human." He replied quietly.    

I shone my flashlight towards the sound of his voice, but accidently shone it in his eyes. He hissed at the sudden brightness and covered his face with a large clawed hand!

"S-sorry!" I stammered as I lowered the flashlight.

"Its fine."

I walked up to him as I took out the first aid kit. I could feel his eyes on me as I pulled out some disinfectant spray. "Um, this might sting a little." I informed him. I hesitantly lifted his arm and sprayed the long gash on his shoulder.

He hissed in pain and pulled his arm away, "What did you do, little human?" He growled.

"S-sorry, but I said it might sting." I apologized, "I have to spray this before I put any Band-Aids on it so it can heal faster."

He sighed and leaned back against the tree, "Continue, little human."

"Jason." I said as I wrapped some bandages around his arm.

"What?"

"My name's Jason." I clarified as I moved on to the small cuts on his chest, "What's your name?"

"Oh, my name is..." He was quiet for a while, as if he had to think about it, "...My name is Dark."

**************************************************************************************************
Well, I hope you liked this chapter! I should update this soon after I update one of my other books.
If you want a peek at something that happens later in the book, you can go over to my book called Little Random Stories and go to the chapter called Guardian.
In the mean time, please Comment, Vote, and Share!