Chapter 13

I have no idea exactly how long I've been in this white box. I'm pretty sure it's been at least 3 days though. I've learned that if I sit still long enough, somebody comes in with food, usually a woman. Also, if I annouce that I need to use the bathroom another door opens up and a toilet and sink are revealed.

I guess this is what it feels like to be in a prison cell. You have no privacy, you feel trapped and constantly being watched, though I've grown used to the feeling by now.

Twice now, people have come into the room to question me. The first time was a thin woman with her blonde hair wrapped in a high bun. She wore a lab coat that had her name on it, Amanda. She brought me a pillow and some blankets to make me more comfortable. She was nice enough, though I could see the pity in her eyes as she sat down on the floor with me.

She first talked about herself. She told me that she had a son that was a little younger than me. She asked me a few questions about myself and sometimes I would answer her.

Then, she started asking about Dark. How did I meet him and how long have I known him? What did I think of him?

I didn't answer her questions. Instead, I just wrapped one of the blankets around myself and stared at the ground. I could tell she was beginning to get frustrated. "Jason, I need you to say something. Why won't you answer me?" she huffed.

It was a stupid question really. "I don't know, I'm not allowed to talk to strangers. It could also be the fact that you guys kidnapped me!" I remarked sarcasticly. I usually don't say things like that, but I wasn't in the greatest mood.

She was silent for a minute, but then I felt her hand on my shoulder. I shrugged her off and scooted away from her. "Thanks for the blankets, Miss Amanda." I dismissed.

I heard her sigh and stand up. I watched as she walked to the door. "I tried to help you, Jason," she said, "but sadly it looks like we have more work to do. I'm sorry."

The door opened and she walked out, it closing behind her. My shoulders slumped and I stared at the door in defeat. "Why do you people keep saying that? What work?" I asked, knowing I wouldn't get an answer.

Today, another person came into the room to question me. I had started lazily walking around the room to get the stiffness out of my legs. When the door opened this time, a man walked in. He was average hight, but was very muscular, which made him intimidating. He was wearing black jeans and a white T-shirt with a name tag on it that read "Ryan". He had light brown hair that was cut close, and hard brown eyes. They weren't cold and uncaring, like Steros', but more like he was serious and meant business.

The door closed behind him, and he walked to the opposite side of the room. I watched cautiously, as he casually leaned against the white wall and folded his arms. Still, he didn't say a thing and I grew more uncomfortable by the second.

"Um...h-hi." I stammered, breaking the silence.

Finally, he spoke, his gruff voice sounding throughout the room. "Listen, kid," he said, "we can do this the easy way, or the hard way."

"W-what do you mean?"

"You can either tell me everything you know about Subject 134 and Steros Corp., or well...yeah, you get the idea."

I gulped as I spotted the handcuffs and the thick metal band that looked like a collar that were hooked onto his jeans. I didn't want to know why he had those.

"So," he asked, "Which is it gonna be?"

I clenched my fists, suddenly getting angry. "Look, mister, all I know is that you people treat Dark like he's some type of monster!" I replied, "He didn't tell me everything, but I could see it in his eyes. He was scared, tramatized, and rightfully so! He's not the monster, you guys are!"

"Kid, listen-"

"No, you listen!" I shouted, "Dark is my friend, my only friend, and I won't abandon him! Now you take me to see Dark, or I'll tell the world about Steros Corp!"

Ryan huffed and started walking towards me. "I guess we're doing it the hard way."

My eyes widened and I tried to back away, but I hit the wall. He grabbed my arm and turned me around. "No, wait! What are you doing?" I squirmed in his grasp.

He pulled both my arms behind me and I felt the cool metal of the handcuffs clamp around my wrists. Ryan grabbed my shoulders and pushed me towards the door. The door opened and he shoved me through it. I stumbled into the long white hallway, but couldn't keep myself from falling.

"Get up," he ordered.

Apparently, I was too slow, so he yanked me up and started half dragging me down the hall. I surpressed a whimper of pain, and tried my best to stop shaking.

He griped my arm tighter so I couldn't escape, but there was no way I could get out on my own. This place was like a big white maze! He guided me through so many twists and turns that I started to wonder if this guy even knew where he was going.

We turned another corner, and I stiffened at all the men that stood at attention along both sides of the hallway. Each were wearing white and grey uniforms and weilding weird looking guns.

Ryan pushed me to keep going and I walked briskly past the guards, trying to calm myself down. The guards closest to the large double doors opened them for us and again Ryan shoved me through.

As I stumbled in, I noticed that the room was full of people wearing lab coats, and they were all staring at me. I felt my face heat up as I felt a mix of embarressment, fear, and anger. I kept my eyes downcast as Ryan led me to the front of the room.

That's when I noticed all the moniters around the large room. At the front though, was a huge pane of glass that took up most of the wall and showed into another into another room.

When we got to the front, Ryan stepped aside and I saw a man with his back to me looking through the window.

"Sir, I brought the boy," Ryan informed, "he wouldn't cooperate, just as you predicted."

The man turned around and I was met with the emotionless grey eyes of Darren Steros. I took a step back, but bumped into one of the solid guards.

"Ah, Jason," Steros greeted, "why don't you come closer? I want you to see something."

I gulped and slowly walked up to him. He noticed the handcuffs and beckoned to Ryan, "Take the handcuffs off of him. He's not going anywhere."

Ryan nodded and released me from the tight cuffs that were starting to hurt my wrists. I gave Ryan a quick glare and shoved my hands in my jacket pockets.

"Now, Jason," Steros put a hand on my shoulder and guided me closer to the window, "come see my creation at its finest."

*******************************************************************
Cliffhanger!
Sorry about that, guys, but it had to be done. Don't worry, you won't have to wait too long because I've already started chapter 14.
I can't stop thinking about this book, I have a serious problem *sweat drop*
Anyway, hope you guys liked it and please Comment, Vote, and Share!