Chapter 11

I woke up to a blinding light shining in my face. I flinched and covered my face with my hands. "Nick, please turn off the light! I was still sleeping!" I complained.

I slowly opened my eyes and blinked a few times. When I could see again, I found myself staring at a blank white wall. Then, I remembered what happened.

I scrambled to my feet, but I lost my balance and fell back onto the white tile floor. I was surrounded by white walls, and bright white lights covered the ceiling.

"W-where am I?" I stammered, "Dark?"

I heard a door open and I spun around to see a man in a white coat step into the room. He was tall and had brown hair with a dusting of silver. I watched warily as he flipped through pages on a clipboard.

"Jason E. Walker." He read.

I froze. How did he know my name?

When I didn't respond, he looked up at me. His cold grey eyes analyzing me. "That's your name, isn't it?" He asked.

I just nodded in response, too freaked out to speak.

The man looked back down at the clipboard, "Looking at your medical records, it seems that you were in quite a bad accident about 2 years ago, suffering injuries that are likely to have scarred." he glanced up at me, "You're lucky to be alive. Though it seems Nancy and Ben Walker weren't so lucky."

I took an intake of breath and clutched at my right shoulder where a faint scar from the seatbelt was. Tears started to blur my vision as I was reminded of that horrible day. I knew who this man was.

"Y-you're D-darren Steros." I stuttered.

He tilted his head, "Ah, so Subject 134 told you about me."

I stood a little striaghter, "Y-yes, he did. And I don't appreciate you calling my friend a 'subject'! His name is Dark!"

He raised an eyebrow at me, but didn't say anything. I grew even more uncomfrotable under his cold stare, but I stood my ground.

Finally, he spoke, "Well, looks like we have some work to do."

He turned on his heel and headed out the door.

"Wait!" I called, and I ran to catch up to him. But he didn't stop.

My heart sank as the door shut behind him, and I heard a click. I stood in front of the locked door as what he had said hit me. What did he mean by work?

I began pounding my fist against the door. "Hey," I shouted, "Let me out! Where's Dark?!"

I slammed my fist against the door one more time before I gave up. I walked away from the door and slid down into the corner. I pulled my legs to my chest and stared down at the white floor. The room was so bright that it was starting to hurt my eyes.

I sat there for I don't know how long.

I felt like I was being watched, which I probably was, like I was some caged animal at the zoo. Is this what Dark felt like his whole life? No wonder he wanted to escape!

I placed a hand over the faint scar. Mom, Dad, I thought, if you can hear me, please help Dark and I get out of here together. We both need a friend now more than ever.

**********************************************************
Hey, I know this chapter is a shorter one, but it's building up to something BIG! It's gonna take a little while since school is back in full swing, but I'm gonna make sure that it's worth the wait.
If you liked this chapter though, please Comment, Vote, and Share!