epilogue

TRIGGER WARNING: MAJOR CHARACTER DEATH, SUICIDE

this is for people who like sad endings instead of happy ones. please dont read if you can be triggered by this, you won't be missing anything.

Michael closed the door of his car and walked over to the door that lead to a graveyard. It screached as it opened and Michael quickly closed it behind them, not wanting people to notice him being there. He walked over to a grave that he had gone too in the past year.

Here Rests
Luke Robert Hemmings
1996-2037
Loved Son and Husband

Michael picked up the dead flowers that he had put there a few days ago and tossed them aside, putting down the new ones.

It had been exactly one year since the love of his life had passed away. One year of mental torture and sleepless nights. His friends and Luke's family had tried to help him, but nothing worked. Luke was his reason to stay alive. Hell, he was the reason why he was even alive in the first place.

The docter's told him that it had been a heart failure. One morning, Michael had woken up from Luke's alarm and rolled to him, like he always did, to snuggle into his side. Usually, Luke would wake up and kiss his forehead and turned off the alarm. That morning, he didn't respond. Michael thought that he was just having a bad morning, but Luke didn't respond to him. He had tried shaking him awake, even called his name a few times, but it didn't work.

That's when he had started to freak out. He had called Ashton, since he lived closest to them. Ashton had come over and found Michael in a mess. He had called the alarm number and an ambulance took him away, but it was already too late. He had died hours before Michael woke up.

Nights and days became a mess after that. He had spend more time asleep than awake, and when he was awake he was an emotional wreck. He had been going through all the photo albums, crying over every photo.

Together they had gone through so much, and they had gone on amazing adventures and Michael was thankful for everything that Luke had given him, but he was ripped away from him too soon. He didn't even had the chance to grow old together, Luke had only been forty one.

It had happened a week before their 20th anniversary. He had planned a surprise for them, they would go on a trip around Asia, because Luke had told him that he had always wanted to go there.

It had started to rain, but Michael didn't mind since he had tears streaming down his face anyway. It had been a while since he had last cried, the past months had just been numb. But now, here he was, sitting at his husband's grave, crying his heart out.

"I'm sorry, Luke. I love you," he choked out. He dugged inside his pocket and pulled out a bottle. It was filled with his sleeping pills, and he had counted them. There were thirty three pills in the bottle.

"I hope I see you soon, angel," he whispered as he opened the lid. He took a few pills and sallowed them dry. He repeated that until the bottle was empty and he started to feel dizzy. He tried to stand up but his body didn't cooperate. He feel down on top of the fresh flowers, crunching them under his body weight. He felt like throwing up but nothing was coming out, and he closed his eyes, waiting for the numbness to wash over him.

It was only hours later, when his body was found by Alex, who had been looking for him since he wasn't returning their calls. After that, a grave stone had joined Luke's, with Michael's name written on it.

◑◐◑

this is officially the ending. hope u dont hate me for this.

please vote and/or comment and i love you ♡

liam

[290715]