thirteen

MIKEY'S POV

My jaw dropped. That was God. The enemy of my father, my kind, and kind of also mine. But He wasn't here to harm me, was He? He literally just joked. He came in, and the first thing He said is a joke. That wasn't bad, right? Or maybe He wanted me to believe that He wasn't here to hurt me, but He will suddenly attack me. Did He bring more angels with Him? I bet they're invisible, like Luke can do. But Luke could see the invisible ones. And he told me that he would protect me, so that means that there are no angels.

But if He wasn't here to hurt me, what was He here for? I hope Luke's not in trouble for befriending me, or maybe He's going to punish me and Alex for telling the humans.

That's it. He's probably going to clear their memory of us. You know, to keep them from telling anyone. Humans have the habit of promising to keep something secret, but they still tell it to someone. That someone tells it to someone else and before you know it everyone knows the secret. I read that in one of the books about humans that I stole from the locked part of my father's library. The truth was, it wasn't even locked, no one dared to come into that part because Satan said that it was forbidden. I was a few years younger and curious about humans behaviour. Luckily, I was never caught.

I noticed Luke making a small bow to God, but I didn't know if I was suppose to do the same, so I gave Him a nod with my head when Jis eyes caught mine. He gave me a small smile back and walked over to Luke, whispering something to him. Then He walked over to Alex, shaking their hand.

"Good to see you again, Alex," He said to them. It surprised me how nice and casual He acted. I expected Him to be commanding, intimidating and always surrounded by angels. Ofcourse, I believed that if He wanted to, He could be intimidating and probably even scaring.

"Likewise, Upper Angel. It's been too long," Alex answered, a tone of kindness in their voice that I hadn't heard before. Maybe it was because everything has been dangerous and stressful since we've met. Alex seemed like a nice person, and I really hope that when all of this is better I can be friends with them. Alex drinks demon blood though, and I don't know if they are in control of their thirst. The probably are, because I'm still alive.

God turned to the humans. They both had a mixture of fright and surprise on their face. I understood why, no human has ever seen God. They both looked like they had no idea what to do, until Ashton decided to bow. Calum repeated him and God smiled, telling them that just a hand was okay.

Then He walked back to me and Luke, asking if He could talk to Luke in private. Oh, shit, He's probably going to tell Luke to kill me, or something. Should I run? Or were they going to find me anyway? I didn't know what to do.

They went inside the backroom, the one we were hiding in a few days back. We just stood there in silence, not really sure what to say. Until Alex spoke up.

"Should I tell you what they're saying or do you not want to know?" The question was directed to me. I shrugged, because I wasn't sure what I wanted.

"If it's bad stuff, don't tell me," I answered. Alex nodded and it went silent again. About a minute later Alex spoke up again.

"God is telling Luke that it was the right choice you let you live, and that it would be a good idea to train you for fights. He's also talking about the humans, that it wasn't a good idea to involve them, but that they could come in handy." I sighed and it went silent again. Alex was concentrating on the conversation and Ashton and Calum just didn't know what to say.

Soon the door opened and Luke and God came back in. Luke looked less tense than before, and I was happy to see that. He was going through so much and I was surprised that he was willing to keep helping me. But now God was involved, it made me realize how serious this all was.

It was God who spoke up first. "I assue Alex told you all what I told Lucas, so that means less for me to explain. Firstly, you two," He pointed at the humans, "and you need a dagger like Lucas'. With normal weapons you can't kill a demon, especially one of Satan's sons. Alex has special arrows that can kill them, so that's why they don't use a dagger." He pulled three daggers out of the pocket of his coat and handed them to us. The cold metal burned on my skin, but not enough to hurt me that much.

"Are you okay?" Luke asked me, he probably noticed my reaction. I nodded and brought my attention back to God, who was explaining the plan to us. We were really going to do this. We- I was going to kill my brothers.

And I have never been more ready.

◑◐◑

ugh short and boring.

don't forget to check out 'turning human'!!!

and i've started an other muke story, it's a short one about luke writing letters to michael after he died. idk check that out too if you want.

happy late new year motherfuckers ~

please vote and/or comment and i love you.

◈ liam