six

Luke told Michael about the place they were meeting his friends. He said that one of the guys, named Ashton, works there. Luke called it a cafe, and explained that it was a place where humans came to have a drink or meet other humans. Michael thought it sounded like a cool place, and he was excited to see what it looked like. When they got there, he peeked through the window and saw two humans sitting at a table in the back. It looked really cozy, and he already knew he liked the place. As they got inside, Luke let go of his hand. Michael looked over to him with a little pout, but he just gave him a small smile. 

"Hi, guys! This is Michael, the friend I told you about. Michael, this is Calum." he pointed to the tanned guy with dark hair and a few blonde streaks in it, "and that is Ashton." he pointed to the guy with curly dark blonde hair. They both greeted Michael and he gave a cautious smile in response. To be completely honest, he was excited about meeting humans, but also terrified. He was afraid they would turn out to be like the man he had bumped into earlier. He trusted Luke, and he had said that the guys were good, but he still felt nervous. He wanted to hold Luke's hand again, but he wasn't sure if Luke was okay with that. He didn't know if it was appropriate for friends to hold hands. 

"Well, Michael, where are you from?" Ashton asked him. He noticed that Luke was about to answer for him, but he was faster.

"Hell." The humans started at him with raised eyebrows and there was a moment of silence. Michael cursed to himself, he had forgotten that they didn't know about Hell and everything.

Luke chimed in to save the day. "He meant that where he comes from, it felt like Hell, right?" Michael felt a kick on his shin. He nodded and the conversation changed to things Michael didn't understand. He looked around, taking in every little detail of the place. Everything was so interesting, but he especially liked the machines.

The door opened and a bell rang. Michael looked up to see who walked in and froze. It was his brother Seth. He glanced over at Luke, and his face told him that he had sensed him. Luke turned towards Ashton. 

"Ash, I need your help. Can you distract that guy, so I can get Michael out of here? I'll explain everthing later." Ashton nodded, cleary confused and went up to Seth. Luke took Michael's hand and guided him to a different door, in the back. They found themselves in a room full of bags and boxed. 

"Michael, what the hell is he doing here?" In all honesty, he had no idea. Seth was suppose to pick him up yesterday, so maybe his father send him back to get him.

"I don't know, but I'm not ready to go back to Hell," Michael whispered. Luke understood and gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. They stayed there, waiting until Seth had left. After only a few minutes, the door opened and Calum came in.

"Luke, Michael? Are you in here?"

"We're over here, behind the big boxes," Luke answered. Calum found them and sat down. 

"Alright, the guy is gone, but he did ask about you, Michael," he explained. Michael sighed and they all got up. They walked over to the door, and Michael was about to open it when someone else threw it open.

"Okay, could somebody please explain what is going on?" Both Ashton and Calum looked at Michael and he nodded. They walked back to the table and he started explaining the situation. He couldn't tell them the whole story, but he could twist it so it would make sense to the humans. 

"That was Seth, my brother. I ran away from home a couple days ago, and he is looking for me. I can't go back there." The guys looked at him with sympathy.

Calum reached over and gave his shoulder a squeeze. "Whatever is going on, we'll help you get through it. We are your friends now, so don't worry about it." Michael gave them a genuine smile. He finally gelt save, because he wasn't alone. Even though they didn't know the whole truth, they were still willing to help him. He actually made friends.

◑◐◑

a lil filler chapter, but mikey made friends! 

as always, thanks for taking your time to read this.

- Li