seven

There was another demon on Earth. This is not okay. Luke knew that he had to do something, but Michael was worried that something would happen to him, so he didn't do anything.

After Seth came to the cafe, they went back to their motel room, after thanking Ashton and Calum for helping them out. They had to discuss what they were going to do about Seth, and it was better if there weren't any humans involved, for their own safety. 

Luke was trying to think of a way to catch Seth, and maybe the other brothers if they were on Earth too, without Michael or any humans getting hurt. He knew that if he was going to hunt Seth, Michael had to go with him. He knew Michael wasn't going to let him hunt on his own. But if he went with Luke, there would be a chance of him getting hurt, or worse, getting caught by his brother and brought back to Hell.

"I can literally see you overthinking from over here. Stop worrying, it'll be okay," Michael said from the bed. Luke was sitting by the window, and he glanced over at Michael. He was cuddled up with a pillow, looking adorable with a small frown and pouty lips. Luke knew it was bad that he noticed those things, but he couldn't help himself.

"How are you so sure of that? Michael, your brother is somewhere here and looking for you, maybe other demons as well. I'm sure that your father won't stop until he finds you, even if it would take him a thousand years. If we don't do anything right know, bad stuff will happen and I don't want to be the reason. What if they kill all the humans to find you? What is Seth realises that Ashton lied, and he will kill him and Calum? If we, I, do something now, no one will die." Luke started shaking. Things were all very wrong, and it was all his fault. This all started because he kept Michael alive. But at the same time, he couldn't kill him. Not after all that he's been through. No, Luke had to fix this. 

Michael made his way over to Luke. He sat down on his knees in front of him, but Luke kept his face down. He didn't want to look into those beautiful red eyes. He felt Michael's hands on his cheeks, forcing him to look up.

"Hey, calm down, don't do this. You're making it sound much worse that it is. And we don't have to do this on our own. Can't you ask God for back-up? Or advice? I'm sure it's going to be fine. Is God okay with this? Me being alive and all?" Luke shrugged, he knew that his voice would crack if he tried to talk. He hadn't been this emotional since he turned into an angel. He wasn't sure what to do. 

"You don't know? That's okay. Come on, let's get you into bed. Even though you don't sleep, you can still relax." Michael grabbed Luke's hand and forced him to stand up. He then picked Luke up and brought him over to the bed. He layed Luke down and covered him in a blanket. He turned around, but Luke grabbed his wrist to stop him.

"Where are you going? Please, don't leave me," Luke begged him. It wasn't like him to beg, but he needed Michael. He didn't understand what was going on with him, and he tried to convince himself that he only saw Michael as a friend. But the thought of Michael leaving him killed him, so he gave in. 

"Okay, if you want me to," he replied casually, but Luke saw something change in his eyes. He didn't know what it was, but he sure as hell wasn't going to ask.  Michael climbed in and wrapped his arms around Luke's waist, putting his head on his shoulder. 

"This is nice, you know? I like this. It makes me feel happy inside," Michael told him, softly. Luke giggled, and said that he liked it as well. They stayed silent for a bit. 

"You know? I'm happy that we're friends. Even though it's weird, and not supposed to be this way. I'm happy that I didn't kill you that day."

"And I'm happy that you didn't kill me. And I'm happy that we're friends as well. Screw those people who made up the rules about us not being friends. It's not like we're like the others, anyway." Michael hugged him tighter. Luke let out a sigh.

"I wish I could be human again." Michael looked up at him.

"Why is that?"

"Back then, I didn't believe in angels and demons. I didn't know what would happen after I died. I was free to be who I am, make mistakes and grow up. I never had the chance to know what it would be like to be old and grumpu, sitting in a chair with my grand children, and the love of my life. I wish I could've experienced that," Luke told him. It was quiet again, and it seemed like Michael didn't know what to say.

"Can I ask you a few questions?" Michael asked. Luke mumbled a "sure".

"What was your family like?" Thinking about his family made Luke feel sad. He missed them a lot, and wondered what they would be up to. 

"I had my parents and two older brothers. They were lovely people. They loved me very much, and supported me with everything I did. I miss them a lot."

"Were you in a relationship, before you died?"

"Yes, with a boy named Chad. We were together for almost three years, until I died. It was two weeks before our third anniversary." It was easier to talk about Chad, than his family. He had gotten over him only a couple months after he died. He understood that he couldn't get back with him, and that he probably moved on as well. 

"Oh, so you like guys? That's pretty cool. Can I ask one more question?"

"You just did," Luke replied. Even though he couldn't see him, he knew Michael rolled his eyes.

"I understand if you don't want to answer this, but how did you die?" Luke tensed. This was the only question he had hoped no one would ask him.

"I'm not allowed to talk about that," Luke lied. There were no rules for that, because no other angel could remember their death. But he couldn't talk about it, even if he trusted Michael. The look on the man's face as he threathed him, telling Luke that if he ever told someone about him, he would kill his parents. Luke remembered the hatred on the man's face as he took his life from him. A face that will be imprinted on his memories forever. 

The conversation died down after that, and Michael's breathing became steady, with soft snores coming out of him. Luke studied his face, with his eyelashes laid down on his cheeks and his lips slightly parted.

At that moment, as Luke snuggled closer to him, he knew he had a crush on Michael, and that he was utterly fucked.

◑◐◑

a little more bonding and a small insight on Luke's death. let me know what you think!

thanks for reading.

- Li