zero

Luke walked up the enormous stairs that lead up to the Upper Angel's office. His eyes were burning because of the bright white walls in the early morning. He despises the colour. After living in Heaven for around five years, he's grown to hate the colour white. Everything, literally everything, in Heaven was white. Well, besides Luke. Everyone he knew had white eyes, looking like they had no irises, and bright white hair. But not Luke. He had blue eyes and blonde hair. Because of that, and other things, Luke was seen as an outsider. No one, except for the Upper Angel, talked to him. He was totally okay with it, because why would he want to talk to the people here? They had no memory of their past lives and were happy with what they had. Every angel had a task, and they would do it every day. No one ever questioned why they had to do that, where they were or how they ended up here. Until Luke came. He was very different. He could remember his past live on Earth, his death and where he was. He did question why he was there and why he had to do what was told. He never turned into a full angel. He was just a dead human.

Someone snapped their fingers in front of his face and Luke woke up from his thoughts. He saw that one of the Upper Angel's servants was standing next to him, giving him an apologizing look and walked away. Luke looked up and saw Him sitting behind this desk. If it wasn't for the disappointed look on His face, Luke would have laughed at the fact that God was just sitting behind a simple desk.

"Luke, we have to talk," He said, motioning towards a chair that was in front of His desk. Luke nodded and sat down.

"What is it, Lord?" Luke asked as polite as possible. He never got used to speaking with manners. It's not that he was a dick on Earth, but here you're talking to God. You can never be polite enough to Him.

"The time has come, Luke. After five years of training, I am sending you to Earth for you first mission."

☆ミ ☆彡

Michael heard a loud banging on his door.

"Wake up, freak. Father's got a mission for us," Seth, one of Michael's brothers, yelled. He sighed and got up. His brothers always hated him. From the day that he was born out of the flames of death. Michael didn't understand why, until he found out a few years ago. His father finally decided to tell him why he, and everyone else, hated him.

"You're too human. You're disgusting. You're a freak. A failure. I should send you back to the flames of death, but no. I'm going to keep you here as torture." Those were his exact words. The words of Michael's father. The words of Satan.

You see, Michael was different. He was, like how others liked to point out, a fake demon. Human. A mistake. None of that was true, Michael knew that, but he was still confused. How is it that he could feel human feelings? Demons are only supposed to feel hate. But not him. When someone yelled at him, he feels sad. When he trained, he felt proud. When he finished a mission correctly, he was happy. Those are all human feelings.

Michael quickly put on some clothes. He ran down the halls of the giant castle, to his father's room. The door was open, and he sighed in relieve when he saw that not all his 12 brothers were there yet. He walked in and bowed.

"Hello, father," he said. Satan nodded in response and Michael stood in line with his brothers. Only Damien, the oldest, Seth, the 7th son, Kai, the 2nd son and Jason, the 12th son, were there. After waiting for a few minutes, all brothers were there.

"You all may know why you are here. I need you to bite some humans for me," Satan explained. He showed them a few pictures of the humans. There were 5. 2 females and 3 males. Michael knew what he had to do. He didn't like to bite. His brothers did. They called him weak for being unable to kill. Michael was okay with that. He would rather be weak than a murderer. Biting a human is worse than killing one. A demon bite makes you a demon. A slave of Satan. The only way to turn into a human, is to ask God. As a demon, you never get to see God. It's impossible. To die, Satan has to offer you to the flames of death. But he never does that.

"You need to go now. If you do not return with the humans within 3 days, I will close the portal. Understood?" Satan asked. All boys said "Yes father" and bowed. They all, one for one stepped into the portal. Michael was next.

"Well, here goes nothing," was his last thought before the made his way to Earth.

◑◐◑

This was the prologue of The Dead Ones Aren't Resting! Please leave a comment and/or vote if you liked it, and thanks for reading!

- Li 

[280814]