ten

MICHAEL'S POV

It has been a few hours and Luke was still out. The sun was coming up again and I was scared that we would get caught, since the dark was better to hide. Even though there were so many trees, there was still a bit of sunlight coming through them. I glanced around, looking for a place to hide better. I noticed this bush, a few feet away, that was big enough for Luke to hide in. I lifted Luke up and made my way to the bush. I lay him down softly, scared that I would hurt him. I sat down outside the bush, still being able to see Luke. He looked so vulnerable, and i felt a nagging pain inside me by just looking at him.

I knew that I had to talk to Luke about the strong feelings that I felt towards him, maybe he could tell me what was going on. He's been human before, so he should know a few things about human emotions. Technically he was still human, but a dead one. Luke has already showed that he, in fact, had feelings and emotions.

The sound of a branch cracking brought me back to reality. I lifted up Luke's dagger, that I took from him, ready to fight. I heard another sound from behind me, and I jumped up, looking around. For a moment I thought that it was just an animal, in the times that I've spend in the woods I've seen some of them. But my hopes for it being an animal were gone when a figure came out for behind a tree. They we were a long, black coat with a big hood that covered their face. They came closer to me and I was shitting my pants. The person lifted their head, to reveal them.. smiling? Not in a creepy way, just a genuine smile.

"Hello," they spoke. Their voice was soft, neither manly nor female. They had a pale skin and bright pink eyes. For a moment I thought that they were a demon, too, but they looked too kind for that. Who were they?

"I'm sorry, I should introduce myself. I get it that you must be confused, seeing as you just got attacked by those demons back in the house," I raised my eyebrows. How did they know about that? They continued. "My name is Alex. And you must be Michael, Satan's youngest son, am I right?" I nodded and they smiled even wider. Alex held out their hand, and I just stared at it. What was I suppose to do?

"Oh, I'm sorry. You probably don't trust me. That's good, you know nothing about me. But I promise you, I'm here to help you."

"Why do you want to help me? What even are you?" I asked. My voice was slightly cracking, because of my nerves.

"I want to help, because I have some unfinished business with you father. Killing his sons is my way of taking him back. And on the matter of what I am, I'm a vampire." I've heard about vampires in the past. They drank human blood and were very dangerous. Almost every vampire is on father's side, but there were some that rejected him. He once send a few demons out to kill them, but they failed.

"Are you one of the other vampires?" I asked Alex.

"If you mean the ones that aren't on Satan's side, then yes, I am. But there's one thing different between me and the others. I drink demon blood, instead of human. But don't worry, I won't drink yours. Killing you isn't going to get us anywhere. Anyway, I would love to tell you more, but we have to get the angel to a save place." I agreed and picked Luke up from where he was laying.

"Is there any place where we can bring him to?" Alex asked. I thought about it for a moment. The was no way that we could go back to the room that we were staying, since Amanda knew that we stayed there. The only other option was the cafe, and seeing that it was in the morning there were hopefully no humans. But the question was if either Ashton or Calum were willing to help us.

Another problem was making up a lie. Obviously, we couldn't tell the truth, not only was that one of Heaven's rules (Luke told me about it), but they would also think that there was something wrong with us. Think about it, who would believe it when someone said that they were a demon, and that a group of other angry demons were following them while they were holding an unconscious angel? That's right, no one.