five

Luke didn't know what came up to him. Why did he ask Michael to stay? He knew it could get in him to so much trouble. He pitied the demon. He looked so lost and alone, and he couldn't leave him there. The boy's brothers had ditched him, and he had no idea what to do. Luke could at least offer him a place to stay, and he was willing to face the consequences later.

He brought Michael back to the motel, and thankfully they hadn't ran into any humans. Michael's appearance wasn't exactly normal, and he knew people would freak out. If someone were to ask any questions, Luke could just tell them Michael wore coloured lenses. But he would rather avoid humans altogether. 

When they got inside the room, Michael kicked off his shoes and threw himself onto the bed. Luke sat down on a chair, studying the demon. He couldn't help himself, he found him so fascinating. He decided that it was okay to think of him as beautiful, because attraction is perfectly normal. He just had to keep it for himself. He wouldn't dare piss off the Upper Angel by falling for a demon. 

"Oh, I'm sorry, do you want to sleep here?" Luke hadn't realised that he was still staring at Michael, and cleared his throat.

"No, I'm okay over here," he replied. He noticed that Michael almost looked disappointed, but thought it was just his mind playing tricks on him. 

"I don't mind sharing," Michael said softly. Luke almost missed it, but his head shot up and he saw a blush creeping on Michael's cheeks. Did he just hear that correctly? "Oh, no! I didn't mean to say that out loud," the boy muttered, blushing even more. Luke let out a chuckle. He decided to not overthink what Michael just said. He was new to all of this, and probably just needed a friend. Seriously, don't take what he says the wrong way. 

"If you wanted to cuddle, you could've just asked," Luke said teasingly. Michael's face turned from embarassed to confused.

"What's that?" At first, Luke thought Michael was joking, but he was looking at Luke with a serious face. He really didn't know anything about friendship, and love. Luke's felt his heart drop. He never experienced any love, he must feel so lonely and empty.

"Well, it's kind of like holding each other. I can show you, if you want?" As soon as the words left his mouth, Luke knew it was a bad idea. He shouldn't take advantage of Michael's innocence. But on the other hand, Michael seemed excited to try it out, and friends cuddle all the time. 

Luke walked over to the bed and layed down next to Michael. He told Michael to turn around, so he could be the small spoon. Luke wrapped his arms around his waist. They cuddled for a while in silence, until Michael broke it.

"You know, this is really nice." Luke thought it was cute to hear him say that, and let out a giggle. He never giggled and he thought to himself man, this boy is special. They stayed quiet again and after a couple minutes, Michael fell asleep. Luke wished he could sleep as well, but he had to stay awake. What if one of Michael's brothers came, looking for him? Or a human? He had to protect them. He did close his eyes, just to relax.

A few hours later, Michael woke up again. Luke didn't feel like moving, so he kept his eyes closed.

"Luke, please wake up. I am in your body and it's really cold," Michael whispered. Luke groaned, because he forgot that he turned into a ghost-like thing if he relaxed. Michael sat up, and Luke made his body solid again. Michael was staring at him, with big eyes and bed hair. It was the cutest thing Luke had ever seen.

"That was so weird. Can you make certain body parts invisible too?" Luke nodded. He knew it was possible, but it's been a while since he had done so. He closed his eyes and concentrated on making his hand invisible. A gasp from Michael told him it had worked. He opened his eyes and saw that his hand was still there.