Chapter 20: Ignorance Is Bliss

Hi,

Hope you are all ok.

Thank you for reading and commenting. It is great see.

For everyone's information, Cameron is in his forties. Someone asked but I mean if Marc is 18 then, Cameron must be fairly old.

Vote, Comment, Follow,

Enjoy,

Chloe x

Chapter 20

Son.

One word and everything changes. My mind was tuned out of everything that was going on. Voices and sounds were muffled as I took my mind processed what I was hearing. Marc was Cameron's son.

Looking around, Marc was shouting desperately, his eyes wild with horror and worry. My name was repeatedly falling from his lips but all I could do was look at him and see the resemblance between him and my enemy. My parents' enemy. The man that wanted total power because he was power mad than actually concerned about the running of the kingdom.

"You see. My son did an incredible job. Tricking you into believing that he was changing sides. Truly a genius idea. I really couldn't be more proud," Cameron smirked.

My eyes flicked to Marc who was frozen in shock, furiously shaking his head. The guards pulled him to his feet.

"He's lying. He's lying Annabella. Believe me, I'm your mate," Marc pleaded, sincerity slipping into his tone.

"Oh and that was the icing on the cake. You being his mate. Truly amusing considering his true mate he left at home before he embarked on this mission. Even I couldn't have played you any better than what Marc did," Cameron smiled with malice.

Marc was frantic trying to pull from the guards. This doesn't make any sense. None of this makes any sense. Marc is my mate. The feeling we had between us. That connection. Cameron had to be lying.

"You're lying!" I spat at Cameron.

"You poor thing. Still deluded," Cameron spoke before addressing Marc, "Well done Son. You have granted me the victory we have needed. You can go to one of our cars while I deal with this stupid princess."

Marc was dragged reluctantly away, calling my name as he did so but I wouldn't look at him. The resemblance said a thousand words. To be honest, I was so new to this that how was I supposed to know what finding a mate was like? Was this feeling just a stupid crush? Had I been influenced by the wrong person? He never spoke of his family to me ever. Maybe I was so wrong.

Cameron's towering frame stalked towards me before crouching down merely feet away from me. I dropped my head down not wanting to look into the face that reminded me of Marc. His hand reached out under my chin, causing me to wait for the pain of him roughly gripping me. However, that was not what came. His touch was soft, not forceful or harsh.

"Mmm. Dyed and cut your hair. We will have to deal with that before we present you to the kingdom. Look just like your parents too. That air of superiority. We used to be good friends, your parents and I. Known each other well as we each stepped up to leadership roles, myself as an alpha and then your father as King and his mate as Queen. Didn't agree with my ideas, wouldn't give me a higher position within their court. Traitors. Stuck up. I couldn't wait to bring them down and now I have you. Their precious little daughter. Now I am going to play the final card," Cameron smiled, tracing his fingers up from jaw and up my cheek.

"You're pathetic. My parents aren't the one with the air of superiority. That is most certainly you. That need for control that need for dominance. You are despicable," I spat back at him.