Chapter 23: Home?

Hey

So an update again. I think I might pass out in shock. This is totally unedited so sorry if there are mistakes.

Vote, Comment, Follow,

Enjoy,

Chloe x

Chapter 23

Darkness is rather a peaceful thing. Silence. Stillness. Calm. 

For once I wasn't running. I wasn't being lied to. I finally had the time that I needed to process everything. For the past month, I had gone from a normal life to everything been flipped on its head. I was a different person, everyone, everything was different. There was little time for me to process what had happened and what I had lost. So this time was nice, I had the time to make everything make sense now. 

Marc.

How had I let myself forget about him? The blood. The blood that I could still feel sticking to my hand. Staining it. The darkness shifted and spiralled to a completely white room. Looking down at my torn white dress which was splattered with blood made it even worse. The skirt of the dress was literally soaked in blood in which I could feel it weigh me down. I could hear the droplets drip onto the white ground staining it crimson. The dress sagged with blood but my hands were covered with it too. 

The panic rose within me. My breathing escalated as i tried to rub the blood from my hands but it only made it worse. Blood staining my arms. Staining my shoulders. My neck. I was covered in it. The blood of Marc, the blood of Catherine. 

"Annabella."

The call of my name was faint but it seemed to echo through the space i was in. Each echo seemingly breaking the law of physics and getting louder with each passing moment. It gave me a focus for a second, halting the evident panic attack. 

My mind shifted back into that darkness. The seeming comfort that it brought but it was then that I began to feel again. The plush mattress below. The blanket, soft and gentle, resting lightly over my body. The dull ache coming from my side. The wound, healing but still causing me pain. 

"Give her time Marc. It was a horrible wound, she lost a lot of blood and on top of the pain of her mate," I heard my mother speak.

The sigh from my father was heavy and resigned, realising the truth in his wife's words.

"How could Cameron's son be her mate?"

There was a chuckle. "We never know the way in which the goddess works. Rather poetic don't you think? Similar to Romeo and Juliet."

"Yes but they both survive."

"Exactly."

He was alive. They said so then and there. Oh thank you gods. I was coming back to myself with each passing second. I groaned slightly at the discomfort in my side but it seemed to get a reaction from my parents.

"Annabella. Can you hear me? Wake up sweetheart," My father spoke, in Italian.

Of course. We are in Italy after all.

I felt my hands being taken a hold of, clearly a parent on both sides. My eyelids still felt heavy but with the strength i had they fluttered open. I took in the room which i realised wasn't a medical room but a fully fledged bedroom. Surprisingly, the decor was rather simple and classy. You could tell the taste was definitely refined. 

My gaze then wandered to that of my father who smiled at me tenderly before i gazed at my mother. I could finally see those familiar features that were echoed in me, something I obviously never saw with Catherine. I smiled gingerly. How do i react to my parents who I have never actually seen?