Chapter 22: A Knife's Edge

Wow. It has been a long time and I am so sorry. 

I have been trying to settle my life at university. it is a new experience and has been hard to get used to even though i have gotten there in the end. It has been a juggling act of uni work and a part time job.

anyway, vote, comment, follow and as always

Enjoy

Chloe x

Chapter 22

"You monster Cameron! You fight for power and will kill a child to get your way," my father called accusingly. 

"That is not an answer, King," Cameron spat, pushing the blade further into my throat.

I felt the pierce of the knife and the slight stab of pain. Crimson liquid trickled down my throat, contrasting with paler skin. I looked towards my parents and their army who looked torn. Most were furious. Struggling to contain their rage and not shift into their wolf forms. I guess I was their princess after all and nothing would change my mind on the matter that I wouldn't let them sacrifice the kingdom and their lives for me. My life wasn't worth it on its own. 

"Don't give up for me. I would give my life than let this monster win. Keep fighting!" I shouted, my parents weren't going to stop, just because I was stupid enough to get caught. 

"Shut up!" Cameron hissed, yanking harshly on my hair. 

There was no satisfaction that I would give him and i kept my mouth shut even at the harshness in which he tugged at my hair. I smirked at him.

"Is this who you really want controlling your kingdom? Someone who would value his own power over the life of his own people. Go against your alphas. This is your chance to turn the tide of the war. Do the right thing for your families and for your children?"

People began to chatter in hushed voices but what was most noticeable were people running from Cameron's side to my parent's side. Their arms held up in surrender. Maybe the tide could turn. This war was far from over. We could still win this. We could beat Cameron all because of his stupid arrogance and his own greed. 

With this new found hope, I decided enough was enough. There was a high chance that I was going to have to die anyway so i should at least risk it and fight back. I wasn't going to be the damsel in distress waiting for my death. In my knelt down position, i kicked my leg back harshly into his shin. I heard his gasp of pain as his hand dropped from my hair and the blade moved from my throat. 

Dodging the blade, I scrambled forward just to add some distance between Cameron and I before pushing myself to my feet. My white dress was now stained from the mud and torn but I felt fierce. I had fight left in me and I would fight Cameron. My eyes were focused on the furious gaze of Cameron who was clutching the knife so tight that his knuckles were going white. In the midst of the anger in his eyes, i could see fear. That fear of failure. Doubt was all i needed to see, Cameron's terror was going to come to an end.

"BITCH!" He screamed before charging at me. 

I braced myself, ready to shift at a moment's notice. Then I noticed Marc who with the brief distraction kicked his guards to the ground and charged Cameron. They went tumbling to the floor. Vicious punches were thrown as they scrambled for dominance in the fight. They struggled with one another. The blade was barely a sliver of silver as it moved and my worry grew for Marc. A gasp. A splash of blood. Crimson sprayed on Cameron's top and instantly began to stain it. A blood spatter stained the skirt of my dress. All ready clinging to the very fibres of my dress. Cameron tossed Marc off of him. The hilt of the knife was the only thing visible from where it was buried in Marc's chest.