× 5 ×

Papaya, Jackson, and I went to Taco Bell after school. They treated me because of the crap that happened at school. I was very thankful and stuffing my face in tacos helps me recover. Now I was home doing my homework for the day.

I was on my laptop doing a report for English and I decided to take a break, looking on Facebook. I logged in and saw that people were talking about me.

Calista must be so embarrassed...

Yo she has got some serious issues...

No wonder Tyson chose her for the dare....

She is just a blue haired freak...

Hahahaha she's a loser...

Tramp...

Suddenly I got a message. I was debating on whether or not I should open it. I clicked on it anyway and it was Betty.

B: Now everyone knows about your ugliness, your famous for it ;)

I slam my laptop down and walk over to my bed. I fall down on it and sigh in frustration. I don't get why I was the one getting targeted at school. I never even bothered anyone for them to target me. I stare at the ceiling for awhile until I hear a knock at my door.

"Come in," I say half-heartedly.

My mom walks in and stands in the doorway. I sit up waiting for her to speak.

"There is a young man downstairs wanting to talk to you. He said it was important." She says.

I cross my arms, "What is his name?"

"Tyson, he is the boy across the street." She says.

"Tell him to leave mom. I don't want to talk to him." I say laying back down.

I hear the door close and I wonder why he would come to my house. He already claimed at school he didn't know of my existence. Why does he want to speak now? He probably was to embarrassed to be seen with the school's freak.

I hear my door open and I sit up. I see Tyson standing in my room. I standup myself.

"Get out," I say pointing to my door.

He just stares at me and then walks over to me grabbing my arm. He drags me out my room and down my stairs.

"Hey let go!" I say struggling to get his hand off me.

He drags me toward my door and opens it before taking me outside. He lets go of me and turns to face me.

"What the heck Tyson!" I say rubbing my arm.

"I had to bring you outside to talk." He says.

I stare at him blankly. He takes that as a yes to go on.

"Sorry about what happened at school. I kind of freaked out and said I didn't know you. I didn't think it would get out of hand." He says.

"Sorry? You come to my house to say sorry?! How about the fact that you told everyone about the dare or the fact that you announced to the entire grade that I'm the ugliest person in the school! And your excuse is that you freaked out! That is pathetic! You are pathetic! I am not accepting that poor excuse for an apology. I can't even stand to be in your presence right now! Bye Tyson, leave my property!" I say angrily turning around.

"There is no need to be that upset sweetie." Tyson says.

I turned around so fast I almost got whiplash.

"There is no need for me to be upset?! Tyson you don't have the whole school calling you names and hating on you for no reason. I don't even know half of those kids and they don't know me! And don't call me sweetie you piece of garbage. I don't associate with trash." I say walking to my door and slaming it.

My mother comes out from the kitchen and brings out a plate of cookies.

"How did everything go Calista?" She asks.

"Just great mom." I say taking a cookie and walking upstairs.

I grab my phone and text Papaya telling her to come over. She automatically responses saying she'll be here in 5.

Honestly I love Papaya, I don't know what I would do without her.

I lay on my bed until I hear our doorbell ring. I jump up and run down the stairs. I open the door and see Papaya holding a bag of Taco Bell and soda. I let her in and we head to my room. I close the door and she puts the food on my desk.

"What happened? Tell me everything." She says.

"Tyson decided to come to my house and drag me out to give me a crappy apology." I say scowling.

"How does he know where you live?" She asks putting a hand on her hip.

"He lives across the street Papaya." I say.

"WHAT!" Papaya screams.

My poor ears.

"When did you learn this? Why didn't you tell me? How did you not know this? How long has he lived there? Oh my gosh Tyson lives right there! I must confront him! Why didn't I know of this Calista!" Papaya says yelling.

"Papaya shut up! I only knew about this yesterday when the dare happened." I told her.

"Wait so the dare is true?" Papaya says.

"Yes. When you asked who that was it was Tyson. I got detention and met Westley and Reggie, then Tyson took me to Taco Bell. We went home after that." I explained to her.

Papaya gives me a poker face. She stands there for about a minute until she walks out my room. I follow her quickly to discover she is heading out my door and over to Tyson's house. I yell out for her but she turns around and smiles at me knocking on his door. I look out my window in horror. I run outside and stand on my porch hiding a little so no one can see me.

Tyson opens up the door and that's when Papaya lets him have it.

"You piece of musty clothing! You can't just waltz in and mess with my friends feelings! She is nicest person I know and now she is feeling terrible because of your crusty behind! You mister need to give her a real apology and stop being so protective of reputation! News flash mister, no one will care about the reputation when high school is over you piece of stale bread! No you are like the mold on the bread when it becomes bad! You need to get your act together and you better do it quick because I am capable of doing terrible things. I don't think you want to know what I'm thinking of doing to you, you egotistical jerk! I am going to give you five seconds to go over to Calista and apologize. Your time starts now." Papaya yells.

Tyson stares at her before rushing across the street and finding me looking on my porch. I wave at him awkwardly.

"I'm really sorry Calista for everything I did today and yesterday. I shouldn't have done that dare at all, in fact I should have just rejected the whole idea. And your friend is right." Tyson says.

I stand up and cross my arms.

"Thank you for apologizing truly to me. But don't think I will forgive you that easily, you must do something for me. And I know, Papaya is always right." I say.

Papaya comes across the street and gives a thumps up. Tyson nods and turns around, Papaya was right there so he flinched. Then he rushed across the street to his house slamming the door.

Papaya and I share a look before laughing. We give each other a hug and head back inside.

"You should have seen the look on his face Cali! He was so scared!" She says laughing.

"I wish, wanna sleepover?" I ask her.

"Sure we don't have school tomorrow anyway." She says sitting on my couch.

"Oh yeah it's friday! Bless, the weekend!" I say sitting next to her.

I turn on the tv with my remote to see Happy Feet on abc. Papaya and I squeal in excitement. We love penguins and dancing. I run to my kitchen and put a popcorn bag in the microwave. I wait for it to finish and grab it running back to the couch. Papaya grabbed some blankets and we put it over us.

We continue to watch the movie and I smile thinking about what Papaya did for me.

-♡-

I felt like updating... *shrugs*