× 13 ×

He left.

Right after I told him I like him.

He just left.

He didn't tell me anything. He didn't smile or have an expression on his face. He didn't squeeze my hand back. He didn't cheer when I woke up.

He just turned around and left.

I thought he went to get the doctor and come back with her, but no. The doctor did rush in with some nurses but Tyson wasn't with them. I thought he waited outside so he could give the doctor some space but no. When the doctor left no one came in after. I was alone for a couple minutes until my mom came rushing in with tears in her eyes.

She kissed my face all over and hugged me tightly. She kept saying over and over how she loved me. I couldn't respond to her, I was to lost in thought about what happened ealier.

Papaya came in with Westley after and she attacked me with a hug. She was also crying and saying how much she missed me. I even saw a tear come down Westley's face, but he wiped it real quick. He also gave me a hug. I couldn't thank neither one of them for coming. I was still caught up about Tyson.

They wanted me to talk back to them but all I could do was nod and shake my head. My mom was just happy that I woke up and she wanted me back home as soon as possible.

The doctor came back in saying I had a seizure and fell into a week in a half coma. She said that whatever triggered it had to be known so it wouldn't happen again. I know what triggered it, my mom knows what triggered it, Papaya knows what triggered it, but I know it will happen again.

Westley went to call Tyson, I wanted to tell him not to bother but I didn't. I wanted to see if he would answer.

He didn't.

The call went straight to voice mail and I couldn't bear to be silent anymore.

I started to cry. My mom, Papaya, and Westley were startled, they tried to find out why I was crying. Then I looked at Papaya with tearful eyes, her eyes widen and that's when I know she figured out.

Her face changed into a one full of anger. Her fists were clenched and she looked like she wanted to scream. Westley realized the change in her posture and asked her what's wrong. I knew that made her angrier because I saw fire in her eyes.

I took her hand and I shook my head. She calmed down a little and rubbed my hand. She then told Westley to find Tyson, not bring him here but to find him. He nodded and left quickly.

The doctor came back in and told my mother she needed to fill out some papers. My mom nodded and kissed me on the cheek before walking out with the doctor.

Papaya then looked at me and said one word.

"Talk."

I took a deep breath and spoke.

"I heard everything Papaya. From you coming in everyday to my mom and Tyson. I tried to answer you guys but I couldn't. Then ealier today Tyson came in and told me what happened at school. He said Betty tried to talk him into taking her back but he refused. Then after their talk her realized something. He realized he liked someone else. He gave this clear and obvious description of this girl, I didn't know until he told me flat out. He likes me Papaya, he likes me. The one he called ugly, the one who stole his clothes, the one who argues with him everyday, the one who hated him. He told me he liked me. I couldn't believe it, and you know what I realized? I like him to Papaya. It took all my willpower to stop him from leaving and tell him I liked him too. And you know what he did? He just left, just like that. He didn't even smile when I said it back. He just left. And you know Papaya, I thought we were getting somewhere. But no, like always he does something stupid and we are back to square one. And you know what sucks Papaya? I really like him, I really really like him." I say and cry harder.

Papaya cries with me and she hugs me tightly. My mom comes back in and Papaya explains to her what happened.

"Oh honey I am so sorry." She says.

She comes over and hugs me over Papaya. Suddenly all three of us are crying and just hugging each other. When we all finish Papaya promises she will stay the night. My mom wanted to stay also but she had work. She was about to call out when I told her she can go. She kissed me goodbye and left the room.

Papaya turns on the tv to distract us from all that has happened. We don't get to far into the show until someone else walks in.

"Hey Calista." James says waving.

Papaya and I wave back to him. James takes a seat in the chair and he sighes.

"Do you know where Tyson is?" Papaya asks.

"I have no idea. He bursts into the house mumbling and then walks out. He jumps in his car speeding down the street." He explains.

"So he just left Calista here and then went home. Went right back out and now no one knows where he is. Smart Tyson smart." Papaya says rolling her eyes.

"I don't know what his problem is Calista. I thought he would have been happy that you woke up. I came over here as soon as Westley told me you were awake. We might have only talked twice but I already think of you as my little sis." He says.

"Thanks James." I say holding out my hands so he can hug me.

He got up and walked over to me. When he hugged me I felt the love of an older brother. I always wanted one and now I do have one. We all talked a little more until James had to leave and find his idiot brother.

Papaya kept texting Westley to see if he had any updates. But every time he said he couldn't find him. He even teamed up with James and Reggie to look for him.

We became frustrated and started to think of all the possible places he could be. All of them Westley checked already.

We turned our attention back to the tv and watched a couple of old movies. It  became dark outside and Papaya decided to call off the search. I also felt tired so we decided to call it a night.

Before either one of us could even close our eyes the door burst open.

Tyson walked in with Taco Bell, a rose and a huge Teddy bear.

I smiled.

-♡-

Annnnnnnnnnnd scene!

:)