× 18 ×

OMG!! 101 reads on the first chapter! People are actually starting to read this story. Yay! Anyways on to the next chapter!
-♡-

"I love you!"

"I love you to sweetie, come here!"

"Ahhh!"

"I got you, sweetie pie I'm not letting you go."

"Never?"

"Never."

I wake up from that painful memory with tears streaming down my face. He said that right before it all happened, when everything was alright. I look at the time and it was 7 am. I had an hour to get to school. But I am definitely not going, I wouldn't be able to hold myself together. I get up and walk into my bathroom. I splash cold water on my face and look at myself in the mirror.

My hair was all over the place, my eyes were red and worn out, and I just looked terrible in general. I head back to my bed and lay down sliding under my covers. I stare at my ceiling til I hear my door open.

"Go away." I say.

"Come on delinquent we have school today." Hayden says.

"I'm not going." I say.

"You can't cooped up in here all day." Hayden says.

"I won't, I'll go to the kitchen eventually." I say.

"Listen Calista, I know today is a hard day for you but you can't just shut down and stay in here. Sulking won't help you at all." He says.

I sit up.

"And school will?" I say annoyed.

"He wouldn't want you to stay in here." He says.

"How would you know what he wants Hayden? You never even met him because your family was so absent minded and blamed me for the whole thing! Don't tell me that sulking isn't going to help me because sulking is the only thing that ever helped me on this day." I say angrily.

"Don't call my family absent minded." He says lowly.

"That all you got out of that Hayden? Your family blamed me for this whole thing, forgetting who actually did it! Your family shut my mom and I out when I was only six! Your family disowned you and you didn't even get to explain yourself! They just believed your brother over you, you were barely breathing and they kick you out! So don't tell me your family is not absent minded because I think they are." I say standing up and getting in his face.

"They are your family too!" Hayden yells in my face.

I laugh humorless,"they are not my family Hayden! The day they disowned me was the day I disowned them! You would not understand Hayden, try being ignored for twelve years!"

"I wouldn't know Calista?! I was the black sheep of the family, my parents always liked my brother better. He always had to one up me. We were never close because my parents treated him like he was special. He is my older brother and he ratted his younger brother out for his mistakes! So don't tell me I don't understand,  you don't know anything about me!" He yells.

"And whose fault is that?!" I yell back.

"I can't believe this." He says angrily.

"You better believe it Hayden, that is how our family is." I say.

"So what I'm not your family now?" Hayden says.

"I didn't say that." I say sighing.

"Well that's what I heard." Hayden says walking out my room slamming the door.