× 16 ×

No.

They can't be here.

Why are they here?

Or is it just him?

Suddenly I'm my thoughts are interrupted by a knock on the door. I get up from my couch and open the door. I wasn't ready for who was behind it.

"You!" We both say at the same time.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me.

"I should be asking you that question Hayden." I say.

"Don't say my name like that."

"Whatever why are you here? How did you know where I live?"

"You live here?"

"Why would I be the one opening the door?"

"I don't know, you could have jumped into their backyard and broke in."

"Touché"

"No wonder they sent me here, you're a delinquent too."

"Who you calling a delinquent?" I say crossing my arms.

"You."

"I hate you."

"Feelings mutual."

"So."

"So you gonna let me in? I mean I have multiple items with me that I would love to put down."

"You insulted me."

"You got me arrested."

"I hate you."

"Feelings mutual."

I move aside for him and he brings in all his suitcases, boxes, bags, and even his own chair. I look at him like he was crazy. He just shrugs.

"It was my favorite chair, I couldn't leave it behind." He explains.

"Why do you have all this stuff with you?" I ask him.

"My family didn't tell you?"

I snort.

"Oh well I have been disowned."

"Are you serious?! First they shut me and my mom out and now they just disown you? What is wrong with our family?"

"Wait you knew we were cousins already?"

"Not till my mom told me last night."

Before we could say anything else the front door burst open and my mom comes in panting.

"Calista fix the house your cousin is on his way here, Oh hello Hayden didn't see you there." She says calmly.

"Hi Aunt Winters." He says awkwardly.

"Mom you knew he was coming already? They actually talked to you and had a full on conversation with you?" I ask in disbelief.

"Nonsense Calista. His mother called today saying and I quote, take care of him and hung up." She said.

"Sounds like them." I muttered.

"Well take him to the guest room, I guess now it's his room but make yourself at home Hayden. You will probably be with us for awhile." My mom said holding her head.

I lead Hayden to his room and help him move his stuff into it. He starts unpacking immediately and I decide I have nothing better to do so I help. We unpack most of his stuff and move the bed to the corner of the room. We remove the chair placed under the desk and replaced it with his "favorite chair". We hung up some posters and and set up some of his clothes in the dresser. Then we both fall on his bed tired.