chapter 4 - Defending Your Life

Outfits in the external link

THEN

From 6.01 "Exile on Main St.", in Brett's Loft, in the bedroom, Brett and Catty were lying together in bed. Catty put a hand to her head, turning to Brett, taking the hand he had on her arm, smiling a small smile.

Sam: (voice over from 6.01 Exile on Main St.) "You finally had what you wanted. You wanted a family."

From 6.01 "Exile on Main St.", in Sarah and Kyle's backyard, they were holding a barbecue. Catty, Brett, Kyle and Sarah stood together. Sarah was holding Abby. Abby looked at Catty and Brett, smiling widely, giggling, making them smile.

Sam: (voice over from 6.01 Exile on Main St.) "You only gave it up because of the way we lived. But you both had something, and you were both building something."

From 6.08 "All Dogs Go to Heaven", in Brett's Loft, Catty looked at Ness. "And what am I running from?"

"You tell me, Cat," Ness told her.

From 6.01 "Exile on Main St.", in the hospital's hallway, Catty walked down the hallway quickly, looking as if she could hardly breathe.

Ness: (voice over from 6.08 All Dogs Go to Heaven) "Are you running from Brett's death?"

From 6.01 "Exile on Main St.", in Sarah and Kyle's House, Pete laid a hand on Sarah on Kyle's arms, his tattoos glowing as he poisoned them. Isaiah took Abby from Sarah's arms before she could drop her, poisoning her, placing her down in a stroller nearby. Brigitta placed a hand on either of Brett's cheeks, her tattoos stretching and glowing as she poisoned him. A lot more poison was used on Brett than was used on the others. Brett's eyes rolled back into his head with a blue hue.

From 6.01 "Exile on Main St.", in Sarah and Kyle's House, Ness injected Abby. Sam injected Kyle. Dean injected Sarah. Catty injected Brett.

Ness: (voice over from 6.08 All Dogs Go the Heaven) "Are you running from your guilt over what happened to Brett, and what nearly happened to his family?"

From 6.11 "Appointment in Samarra", outside Crowley's Monster Prison, by Catty's Mustang, Catty looked at Castiel for a moment, pulling him into a kiss for a long moment, pulling away, breathing only slightly heavily, opening her eyes, looking up at Castiel.

Ness: (voice over from 6.08 All Dogs Go to Heaven) "Or are you running from how you really feel?"

From 6.03 "The Third One", in Catty's Dream, Brett and Catty were sitting on the bed.

"You didn't deserve this, Brett," Catty told him.

"You're right," Brett told her. "I didn't. You're going to wake up, and you're going to deal with your anger, your grief, and your self-loathing, and you're going to think that you deserve it after what happened." Catty closed her eyes, letting a few tears fall. She leaned forward, turning her back to Brett, looking expressionless, angry with herself. She turned to face Brett, gasping, sliding away. Brett looked the way that he did when he had been poisoned by Brigitta. His eyes rolled back into his head in a blue hue. "Maybe you do." Catty stood, backing away barely. "Because you know you did this to me."

From 6.06 "You Can't Handle the Truth", in Catty's side of the motel room, Dean was using his truth curse to get Catty to talk.

Catty nodded sarcastically, looking away. "Brett died. I got him killed, and I nearly got most of his family killed." She sighed, sitting on the bed. "I didn't even know how I felt. I knew how he felt, and I knew I cared about him, but I didn't know if I felt the same way that he did, and that's the part that is tearing me up on the inside." She had tears in her eyes, trying to push them back. "I did this to Brett, okay? I killed him, Dean."