Chapter 1: The Spell

Maleficent:

"My darling! I need you! Please come!" I whined with fake misery to my sadly good daughter Mal.

"What is it mother?" She asked seeming very annoyed with my needs. She looked down to me and my scaly skin, after all, I was a lizard.

"I need you to get me water!" I whined harder. All that came out of my mouth was now squeaks. But, Mal had put a spell on herself to understand what I was saying.

"Water?! Again?! Mother, this is outrageous! You can't keep asking for water every 10 minutes!" She exclaimed, using her big girl boots to put a foot down.

"Okay. You're right. I've been selfish to you lately. I'm trying to be good my darling, I truly am! Will you forgive me?" I did the best puppy dog eyes I could at her, which was difficult because I had ugly lizard eyes.

"Mother, I can't speak to you right now. I'm leaving anyway." She stomped away.

"Wait! Where are you going?" I asked, curious of what my daughter is doing when I'm not around.

"I'm going on a date with Ben." She held her head high with confidence, as if she had any!

"Ooh! Benny-boo?! I've heard he was bad news!" I snickered at her.

"Nice try mother, but Ben has the kindest heart in the whole kingdom! I fully trust him." She said, not dropping her little confidence stance.

"Is he now? The kindest? Well, we just might have to do something about that." I said to myself as Mal walked away.

"What did you say?" She quickly turned around.

"Oh! Nothing! I was just saying that I hope you have a wonderful time!" I laughed and then stopped when I saw that she was out of sight.

"Ben, the son of King Adam and Queen Belle? I see." I said to myself as I looked through the yearbook from the stack of books Mal had brought me in my little cell in order to keep me busy.

"Prince Adam marries a commoner named Belle after keeping himself hidden from society in his castle while he had the appearance of a beast." I read from an old newspaper, trying to get more info on this little Benny-boo.

"A beast? I remember that! What a rude man! I loved him!" I giggled to myself.

"Ben is the kindest you say? Not for long." I laughed evilly.

--------------------------------------------
Mal:

"Sorry I'm late, my mother was being needy at last minute." I rolled my eyes as I sat down at the picnic Ben had made for us at the same place we had our first date, The Enchanted Lake.

"No worries. Are you planning on coming to the big game on Saturday?" He asked with a mouth full of strawberries.

"Yeah! Of course! Why wouldn't I?" I was curious to why Ben would think that I wouldn't show up to an important event of his.

"I don't know. You just seem kind of distant lately." He never looked up at me, he just stared at his bowl of strawberries.

"I'm sorry. I just...my mother is always wanting me and she never lets me go anywhere. But, I'm taking the blame, because I should be here for you more often. I'm sorry." I placed my hand in his and smiled.

"It's okay. I was just curious." He looks at his strawberry in his hand and studies it for any bruises that may have been on it before putting it in his mouth.

"You always are." I smiled at him.

"Oh! Uh...close your eyes! I have a surprise for you!" I said. He laughed and closed his eyes.