Chapter 5: The Break Up

Ben:

"Okay. So, you don't want anyone to know?" My mom asked me. Mal, Evie, and Jay had left before the doctor came out to tell them the news. So, they still have no clue about me.

"I don't know." I said glumly.

"Son, you need to know, this isn't a child's choice. It's a man's choice." My dad lectured me.

"Oh please, cut the crap! I'm no man dad! Put a crown on my head and bam! I'm a man? No! If that's what you think then your wrong. Because I've never been a man until now! I mean, a beast? That's a man! But I hate it. I hate the fur and the nudity and the way my fangs rub against my mouth. I hate it! But no, you tell me to be a man. Well whose a man now dad?" I yelled to my dad, who stared at me with shock.

"Look at yourself." My dad gave me a mirror and I looked at my reflection. I had glowing eyes and fangs. This happened every time I was frustrated or angry.

"I'm not sorry. I don't have to be. I can't be. Don't you see I can't be sorry, because I can't feel anything!" I yelled at him.

"I know. I'm sorry. But, you need to behave."

"Whatever. Go rot in a hole." I shot at my dad.

"That's it! I've had enough! Spell or no spell, you are grounded! 2 weeks without any TV, phone or any other electronics. And knowing that you're just like your mother, no books either!" He snapped at me.

"Fine, Carlos, let's go, we have better stuff to do." And with that, we left.

---------------------------------------------
Mal:

"Well Mal. What did you decide?" Evie asked me for the millionth time.

"I still think I should break up with him." I admitted.

"Why? Just because he doesn't spend every second with you?"

"No, I mean, a real boyfriend would come up to you and give you a kiss when they see you. He just runs away." I said with sorrow in my voice.

"Mal, this is your decision. But if I were you, I'd listen to my heart." She smiled and walked away.

Maybe she's right. Maybe I should just listen to my heart. But I keep hearing it saying that I need to break up with him. I'm afraid to break his heart, and I'm afraid that it will ruin our relationship, forever.

But I had to, and it was now or never.

--------------------------------------------
Ben:

I walked into Maleficent's room that they had decided to make because she was crowding up Mal and Evie's room.

"Maleficent, it isn't fair, I will never break the spell if you basically give me no choice." I tried telling her.

"Ugh, okay. You need to get me the tear . That's it, the spinning wheel is something you already have, correct?" I nodded. "Good, and the tear is all you have left."

"But I don't have that emotion."

"No, but if the emotion is strong enough, you can break the spell."

"Why are you helping me?"

"Oh darling, I'm really not, I'm just pushing you a little further."

I walked out of the room trying to think of a sad or tragic moment. But nothing came up, that's the beauty of having a happily ever after family.

---------------------------------------------
Mal:

I looked around for Ben and I finally found him sitting on a bench.

"Hey, Ben." I smiled brightly.

"Hi." He smiled right back.

"We need to talk." I said dropping the big smile.

"Okay, sure. What is it?" He seemed so happy, and I knew I was going to change that.

"Listen, me and you have been really distant lately, and I think it would be best if we just broke up." I said quickly.

--------------------------------------------
Ben:

"Wait? What?! Why?" I asked in shock.

"I don't love you anymore." It felt like she dropped a bomb on me.

"Oh." I immediately felt my heart break. "I have to go."

I got up and felt a rush of emotion come over me. Then, I began to cry.

I ran to my parents room as fast as I could.

"Hey, sweetie! How- Are you okay?!" My mother ran up to me and hugged me.

"We need to get that tear!" My father grabbed an empty cup and grabbed one of my tears.

"M-Mal, b-broke up with m-me!" I sobbed into my mother's dress.

"Oh no! It's okay! Everything is going to be alright." She tried comforting me.

"Quickly, take this to Maleficent!" My dad handed me the cup and I ran to Maleficent's cell.

"There." I gave the spinning wheel and tear to her.

"Good, now prick your finger on the spinning wheel and the spell will be broken." She smiled. It all seemed too easy.

But, I pricked my finger and then, everything went black.