Chapter 3: The Note

Carlos:

Ben and I walked through the halls and then went outside to where our lockers were. Ben opened his when all of a sudden a note slipped out.
"Is it from Mal?" I asked. He shook his head no and handed it to me.
It read, 'Dear Beast, I have decided that collecting those items was too simple. All I want is the spinning wheel and a tear drop. Your tear drop. It must be a genuine tear. Of human sadness. And we both know you're not capable of that. 
           Maleficent
Ps. This note will explode in 5 seconds'

I dropped the note and it then exploded.

"Did you read it?" I asked. He nodded with worry in his eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?! Carlos?! I have to find that emotion in my cold rock hard heart. It won't happen! The spinning wheel is easy! But the tear?! No way! I'm done Carlos. It's over. I'm going to end up remaining a beast until the day I die."

"Why are you so doubtful?! Your father found love in his cold heart. So why can't you find a little emotion?"

"Carlos, the witch that spelled my father told him that the curse would break if he fell in love with a girl and she felt the same for him. He was cold to begin with, he had the option of changing his heart. I don't, it's hopeless."

"Don't be so down on yourself, you have to realize that there is always an option. No matter what." I remember my mother telling me stories about Beauty and The Beast. She was never one to tell a happily ever after story to me, but that one, got to both of us. Beast was always mean and dark, while Belle was a happy person with no doubts about her life. They were so different. I was a year old when Ben was born, but I remember some stuff. I remember seeing him wrapped up in his mother's arms and his father would hold his small hand. It made you forget about what they actually went through, what all people who lived happily ever after went through. And to think, it was caused by my mom and her friends. I felt bad. I wanted to help Ben more than anything, so I needed to show him how to feel again. I know that Mal should really be here for him, but he's afraid to hurt her. I guess I would do the same.

---------------------------------------------
Mal:

"They found Ben!" Evie came running in.

"That's great! Where is he?!"

"He's at his locker with Carlos."

I got up out of my unmade bed and ran to my boyfriend.

"Ben!" I said joyfully he looked up from a text book he was gazing through and quickly hid behind Carlos.

"Um...Ben? You okay?" I asked suspicious of his odd behavior.

"Yeah, um, we need to go, now! Bye Mal, Evie. Carlos let's go!" He acted as if he was in a rush to leave.

"That was odd." Evie said.

I didn't know whether or not if love felt like this for everyone. It's as if Ben just doesn't care anymore. It's as if I'm now the good, and he's now the villain. But I love him, at least, I think I do.

--------------------------------------------
Sorry that was really short. I've been a bit busy lately and haven't had time to write much. This is all for now.

TO BE CONTINUED