Chapter 6: The Sleep

Mal:

"Carlos, what do you want?" I asked the white haired boy that wouldn't stop following me.

"I can't find Ben anywhere! I've looked literally in ever corner in the castle and school, I can't find him!" He exclaimed.

"What? Well, Carlos I'm sure he's fine." I said trying to calm him down.

"That's the thing M, he's not fine. He- He's a beast." He calmed down right away.

"He's a what?" I asked sarcastically.

"Your mother put him under a spell. She told him that he would turn into a beast every midnight. She said that there is a ever burning candle and when it goes out, he will remain a beast forever. But, if he gets her the spinning wheel and his own tear of human sadness, then he will return to normal. And, she spelled him to have a cold heart and the temper of his father before he was beast. So, no, he's not fine." I stood there in shock. I grabbed Carlos's hand and ran into my mother's cell room.

She was standing over a sleeping Ben. At least, I hope he was sleeping.

"Mother?! How could you?! You know what we talked about!" I yelled at her in anger.

"Shut up darling. He's just sleeping, but, he can be woken."

"What? How? Let me guess, true loves kiss?" I snapped at her.

"No, something more powerful than true loves kiss." She said.

"What could be more powerful than true love's kiss?" I questioned her.

"You. Kiss him. That will wake him." She then disappeared in a cloud of green smoke.

I walked over to Ben who was lying on a bed in the middle of what my mom turned into a beautiful room. I ran up and kissed him on the lips. But, he wasn't waking up.

"Mom! I hate you!" I cried. I sobbed into Ben's chest and hoped that this horrid spell would break.

"Ben?" His mother came up to the room. Of course! His mother!

"Belle! Kiss him! It will wake him!" I hurried over to her.

"What?! Okay!" She slowly kissed his cheek and sure enough, he woke up.

"M-mom?" He said tiredly.

"Yes! Oh my sweet baby boy! You're okay!" She hugged him tightly.

"Is the spell broken?" I asked. His eyes started glowing blue and fangs grew.

"I'll take that as a no. Weren't your eyes yellow before?" His mother asked.

He looked at his reflection and howled as loud as he could.

"What was that?!" My mother returned.

"Why haven't I changed back?!" Ben exclaimed.

"Because. It's permanent."