Chapter 13: The Hair

Mal:

My heart was beating so quickly, because I saw the tip top of the kingdom. I was scared, not for me, but for Ben. We had the eye, the hook, the merman, and now we need to get the hair. I'm not worried, I'm just scared.

"Mal, I'll go get the hair. You go take care of Ben." Jay said.

He ran up the stairs, and we walked into the ballroom. Everyone was waiting, surprisingly. In the middle of the room was Ben, lying on a bed. It was as if I was late to a funeral.

Adam walked up to me. "We're so happy you guys made it back! Where's Jay?" He asked.

"Upstairs getting Rapunzel's hair." I said.

"Rapunzel's what now? Hair? Rapunzel died years ago!" I wanted to cry.

"What?! I have to find her hair! I can't break the spell without it!" I cried.

Jay ran up, out of breath. "Hey guys, I couldn't find her." He said.

"Cause she's dead, idiot." Carlos sneered.

"Whose this?" Adam asked, pointing at Troy.

"This is Troy, he's a mer-" Evie stopped when she looked at Troy who was glaring at her, as if to say 'don't say a word'.

She whispered it to Adam, Troy must not want to feel like an outsider.

"I see, can you help him?" Adam asked.

"I don't know if I can cry under pressure." Troy blushed.

"I can put a spell on you to make you cry." I offered.

"Okay." Troy agreed.

I casted the spell and Troy frowned.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Oh my God! My heart feels so heavy!" He cried, tears racing down his face.

Adam grabbed a small tube and caught as many tears as he could for his son.

Troy cried until I dropped the spell.

His eyes were bloodshot red, puffy, his nose was red, and stuffy. Tear tracks were very visible. He then fell fast asleep onto Evie's shoulder. These kinds of spells are brutal.

"Is he okay?" Jay asked.

"Yeah, we should go upstairs." Evie said.

Jay and Carlos held up Troy and walked out the door, we followed.

We layed Troy down on the bed and we all stared at him.

"We can't just take him back! We basically just used him! We promised him that we would help him find his parents." Jay said.

"You're right." Evie agreed.

"He can come to school with us!" Carlos smiled with happiness.

"A merman? School? Doesn't fit Carlos." Jay said.

"No, but, he doesn't want anyone to know! It can be a secret!" Carlos grinned evilly.

"Carlos, he's not Hannah Montana for crying out loud. He can't lie to everyone like that." I said.

"He's not lying if they don't ask." Carlos did that same evil grin.

"He's right, Mal." Evie agreed.

"Oh please, Evie. You just say that cause you like Troy! You've been making googly eyes at him since the moment you met him!" I laughed.

"No I haven't! He's a friend! We should help." She said.

"Okay. Let's discuss this with Troy, then we'll decide." Jay said.

"We'll wait until he wakes up." Carlos said.

----------------------------------------------
Troy:

I woke up, but my eyes felt swollen. I looked around the room and Jay was playing video games with Carlos, while Mal and Evie were putting powder on their eyes. Whatever that is. My head pounded from all that crying. I closed my eyes again and soon felt a cool hand on my forehead.

"He's running a fever." Evie said.

"Here's some medicine." Mal handed Evie the medicine.

"Troy? Troy, can you get up?" Evie asked me with her smooth soft alluring voice.

I slowly opened my eyes and sat up to take a sip of the medicine. It tasted like blubber fish. Nasty.

They all laughed at the face I made.

I got up and put my thingamawoppers on the ground. I almost fell over because I'm not used to legs.

"Are you okay?" Carlos asked.

"Yeah, I'm good." I answered.

"Listen, Troy. Do you maybe want to go to school here? You don't have to tell anyone you're a merman. It'll be fun!" Carlos smiled.

"Sure, why not?" I was really excited! I got to go to a school with my first ever friends!

"What do we do about Rapunzel's hair?" Mal asked.

"Oh! Here you go." I handed Mal, Rapunzel's hair.

"Where'd you get this?!" Mal leaped with joy.

"After you guys talked about Rapunzel, we walked by her tower. I pulled the hair out with my powers." I explained.

"Oh my God! Thank you so much!" Mal ran out the door with Carlos and Jay. Evie stopped and kissed me on the cheek.

"Thank you." She smiled and left the room.

I blushed, ad then followed them to help Ben.

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️
TO BE CONTINUED