Chapter 2: The Beast

Ben:

I knew what Maleficent had done to me, she turned me into something I'm not. I've never wanted to be like my father, but that's what I got.

I walked back into my parents bedroom where they were waiting for me to return.

"Ben! There you are! We've been worried sick!" My dad seemed stressed, but I didn't care. I didn't care about anything actually.

"Well, I don't care. You can survive 20 minutes without me like a man dad." I snapped at him.

"Excuse me?! I don't know what-" My dad stopped when I put a hand on his mouth.

"Dad, do me a favor, actually all of us a favor, and shut up!" I noticed his face was turning red until my mom jumped in.

"Sweetie, are you okay? You never ever act like this. Are you worried about something?" She asked calmly.

"The only thing I'm worried about is how I'm gonna get out of the stupid kingdom and move somewhere far far away!" I snapped at her, too.

"Stupid kingdom?! This is no stupid kingdom! You are king now, not me. You should care about your people! And, what about the children of The Isle Of The Lost?" He questioned me.

"I don't care about the children over there!" I yelled with anger.

"What?! Just 20 minutes ago you were arguing with me about them coming over! That was the first thing that you said you wanted to do when you became king!" My dad seemed deeply confused.

"People change, and so do their minds!" I yelled. I was so confused! In my heart, it was painful speaking to my parents like that, but my mind was controlling everything! I couldn't cry or yell for help, I was trapped in my heart, but my brain and mouth were against me.

"That's it! Go to your room now!" My father stomped his foot and pointed out the door.

"Nice try daddy-io, but you can't get rid of me that easily." I walked out and ran to lacrosse practice.

--------------------------------------------

"Yo! Ben!" Jay ran up to me with a smile.

"What do you want?" I asked with annoyance.

"Wow, what's up with you?" He sounded concerned.

"Nothing much, just talking to a complete idiot, but other than that, not much." I smiled sarcastically at him.

"Okay." He said, confused.

--------------------------------------------
Jay:

"Hey, Carlos! Do you know what's up with Ben?" I asked my white haired friend.

"Yeah, I've heard he's been rude to a lot of the people here." He told me.

"What you mean?" I asked.

"Well, he's been acting sort of like, a villain." Carlos explained.

"What?" I asked, shocked.

"Yeah, Dude, my dog, he threatened to kill him and put him in a hot dog bun if I couldn't get him to stop sniffing Ben." He seemed upset about Ben's attitude lately just as I was.

"Wait, sniffing Ben?" I asked, slowly realizing something.

"Yeah, why?" Carlos asked.

"Why would he sniff him if he already knew Ben's scent? I mean, Dude was always with Ben before, remember?" I realized.

"Yeah, that's true! We have to tell Mal and Evie!" He started running off the field when I grabbed him.

"Are you sure? I mean, Mal is his girlfriend."