Ten

"Hell no!" said Sarah, as I bought a last-minute one way air ticket to Paris.

"I'm coming with you and that's final." I said, my word being final. Sarah huffed in complete annoyance.

"This isn't a train ticket, Avery. You're going out of the country. What the fück is wrong with you?!" she yelled. I tried to quieten her but she kept yelling.

"What about your boyfriend?!" she shouted, claiming her arms.

"Sarah, he's not-"

"What about your clothes?!" she yelled again.

"I can buy new ones," I rolled my eyes.

"What about..ugh, you can't come with me, Avery!" she yelled.

"I'm not asking for your permission, Sarah." I said sternly. She looked taken aback, because I'd never talked that way to her before. But the last time I'd ever talked to her was back in highschool and things had changed. She'd changed.

To be honest, I didn't even know whether you could get tickets at such a short notice. I didn't think it was actually possible, and I was prepared for the lady behind the counter to laugh at me but she simply checked her computer and said that there were still three seats left and that I could get a ticket right away.

The flight was scheduled for four hours from now and it was already 11 pm. We had a lot of time on our hands. Sarah looked visibly scared.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"Nothing," she spat.

"Jeez, sorry for asking," I huffed, pulling out my phone to call Haden.

He picked up within three rings, a little perturbed.

"Ave, where are you, bird?" he asked.

"I'm going to Paris, Haden." I declared, pursing my lips, eating for his reaction.

"You're going where?" he questioned.

"Paris, H. I'll call you up later and explain, okay? Can you come tomorrow and pick up the car at the airport?" I asked, sighing. I hated doing this. I don't even know why I was doing this. Like, this woman sulking next to me wasn't even my best friend anymore. She chose to be a stranger and now I was so concerned about her safety. What the fück was wrong with me?!

"Avery, are you being serious right now?" Haden asked, his voice low and constrained.

"I'll call you, yeah?" I said.

"Avery.." said Haden. I hated upsetting Haden. He was one of the best parts of my life so far and making him upset wasn't even on the list of the things I wanted to do.

"I'm so sorry, H. I really am. I love you. Don't be mad at me," I croaked.

"I'm not mad at you, bird. Just be safe, okay? Call me when you get there," he said, sounding tired.

"I love you, H." I whispered.

"I love you more, Ave. Have a safe flight, bird," he said, before hanging up.

I out my phone down and turned to look at Sarah, who was nervously fiddling with her fingers.

"Why're you so nervous?" I asked, curious.

"Look here," said Sarah, turning so she was fully facing me. "I'm going to Paris for a job. Why are you coming with me?"

"That didn't answer my question." I said, rolling my eyes.

"I don't want to answer you. I'm not obligated to answer you." She said.

"I don't even know why I'm doing this," I muttered to myself as I went back to playing Fruit Ninja on my phone.

A/N:

I'm sorry that these chapters are really short, but I promise I'll write more in the upcoming chapters bc that's where all the juicy stuff is hehe

Annnyywaayyy, my best friend is totally my world. She's such a shitty person, I love her. I'm just so fücking glad I have her. For that, I'd like to thank not only God but also Jesus, Obama, Harry Styles and Kanye West

I love her xx

And I love you xx

Have a day as perfect as you are, baby doll

~ A xx