Chapter 31

Sarah's POV

I pull away from Henry, and stare at him. I bite my lip and grin sheepishly.

"Too much?" I ask, still not believing I did that.

"No, actually. It was just right." Henry grins before he pulls me back and kisses me again.

We're standing there for a bit, before I decided to pull away.

"Well that was interesting." I say shyly.
"You could say that." Henry grins sheepishly.
"We should probably go, right?" I ask, pointing upwards in the direction of the tube.
"Oh yeah. Probably should."

Henry wraps his arm around my waist, and taps his belt buckle with his other hand.
"Up the tube!" He yells.

In seconds we're standing with everyone else.
"What took you guys so long?" Charlotte asks accusingly.
"I dropped my phone, and had to find it." I answer at the same time Henry guilty blurts out;
"Nothing!"

Ray and Charlotte give him a suspicious look, while I turn around to glare at him. He just shrugs at me.

"So how are we getting there Ray?" I ask, changing the subject.
"Well, as nice as your parents flying vehicle is, we're gonna take the man van." I nod my head. "Follow me." He adds, leading us outside.

We pile into the man van, with the 5 of us all in it, it's a little squished.
"Ow! Quit elbowing me in the boob!" I exclaim, giving Debbie a dirty look.
"That's not even me! It's Henry!" Debbie replies, sounding annoyed. Henry flashes me a sheepish look, and puts his arms back at his sides.

"Everyone good back there, now?" Ray asks from the driver's seat.
"Yeah, we're good." I answer.

Ray pulls out of my driveway, and guns the engine.
"Ray! You may be a superhero by there's still a speed limit!" Charlotte yells, sitting in the passenger seat.
"Everyone just relax. We need to get there as soon as possible." Ray replies.
"Do we even know where we're going?" Henry asks.
"I do." Ray replies, silencing the rest of us.

We continue driving for about 20 minutes, and we're all bored out of our minds.

"We're here." Ray says suddenly, and grimly. We all perk up, and peer out the windows. There's nothing really here, it's rural, with lots of long grass, and hydro towers distributed throughout sparse fields.

"Where even are we?" I ask. Ray turns down a hidden turn off of the main road. It's extremely overgrown, making it dark, and you feel claustrophobic, surrounded by so much green.

"It looks like your parents are being held in an old electric generator station." Ray remarks.
"A what?" Debbie asks for clarification.
"That." Ray says, as we exit the tunnel of green, and standing in front of us, is a huge abandoned building, electric hydro wires running through it.

Ray parks the van under a group of trees, effectively hiding it from anyone lurking inside the building.

"What's the plan, Dan?" Charlotte asks.
"Don't you mean 'Stan'?" Henry says to her, unneeded sass added.
"No, I meant Dan." She retorts, rolling her eyes.

"The plan," Ray starts, interrupting them and shooting them a look. "Is to get in there as stealthily as possible and find your parents." He looks at Debbie and I.

It's starting to get darker out, so moving towards the abandoned building without being seen, should be easy. Easier said than done, that is.

Ray motioned us all to move at the same time, as fast and silently as we can, to a side door. The door is unlocked, and Ray pushes it open.