Chapter 13

Henry's POV
*Later that night*

"I'm glad Ms. Swellview's okay!" Sparkly says. We're now back in the Man Cave, after arresting Jeff. Ray was still out though, 'CELEBRATING' with Ms. Swellview.
*Cough, Cough*

Anyways, Sparkly and I were gonna chill and watch the finale of "The Walking Orange", while we waited for Ray. We've both already seen it, but it's so good. Personally, I've watched it 5 times already!

"Shh." I say. My favourite part is coming on.
"Oh, I love this part!" Sparkly says. The part I'm waiting for comes on, and both Sparkly and I jump. Then we start laughing.
"That part gets me every time." I say.
"Same!" I turn to look a Sparkly, and my eyes widen. I can't believe what I'm seeing. "What?" She says, her face turning to one of concern. "Is something wrong?" She looks panicked. I point at her face. So she brings her hand to touch it, and realizes what I already saw.

Her mask had fallen off!

"You're.. You're..." I don't finish my sentence.
"OMG, this can't be happening." She buries her head in her hands, and starts crying. I sit there awkwardly, not sure what to do. I move closer to her on the couch.

"So, uhh, now that I've seen your face, wanna tell me your real name? Girl... I don't... Recognize?" I say, pretending I don't know who she is.
"Oh, give it up." She sniffles through her hands.
"What?" I say, taken aback. She looks up.
"I know it's you Henry, I was the one in the tree!" I stare at her in surprise.
"Well then." I don't really know how to answer to that.

All of sudden, Ray appears in his tube.
"Hey guys! Ms. Swellview and I had a great time!" He winks at me.
"Eww, no!" I exclaim at Ray.
"Well, hello to you too." Ray replies, making a face at me.

Then he notices Sarah crying.
"Everything alright Spa.....?" He trails off when she looks up. He stares at her dumbfounded. He then starts glancing from her to me, pointing to each of us in turn.

"You're not wearing your mask!" Ray loudly whispers to her, cupping his hand over his mouth, as if that stops me from hearing.
"Oh would you stop it!" I say to Ray, rolling my eyes. He glares at me.
"I know, it fell off." Sarah says to Ray. "I also know you're Ray, and that's Henry." She jerks her thumb in my direction.
"Did you...?" Ray asks, pointing at me.
"Ray, meet my friend Sarah. Remember, the one I was talking about?" I say. "She was apparently in my tree yesterday." I add. Ray's mouth drops open.

Without saying anything, he starts walking away, mouth still open. We watch as he walks up to the sprocket, goes through the opening, and disappears.

"Well he's gone." I say flatly.
"Yeah." Sarah giggles.
"Wanna go home?" I ask her, grinning. She stands up and nods.
"Let's go."
"I wanna try something new." I say, walking up to my tube.
"What's that?" Sarah asks. She's standing next to me, but not completely under the tube.
"This." I grab her by her waist and pull her close against me. I hit my belt buckle, and yell; "Up the tube!" Sarah screams gleefully as we shoot upwards.

*15 Minutes later*
"Well that was certainly interesting, Henry Hart." Sarah says to me. We're back in our normal clothes, and are walking home.

We walk up Sarah's front walkway.
"It was fun." I agree. We both stand there for a minute. Somewhat awkwardly.

I stare at her face, into her eyes. They sparkle in the moonlight, and her face is lightly lit by the porch light. I can't help it, I lean in, and she does too.

But she suddenly pulls back.
"Sorry Henry, but I really need to get inside." She says, nodding in the direction of the door. She's grinning nervously.
"Did you not want...?" I trail off.
"I... Um.." She stammers. I look at her expectantly. "I already have a boyfriend!" She exclaims.
"You do?" I say, surprised. "Is he from our school?" I ask curiously.
"No." She says quickly.
"Well what's his name?" I say, getting suspicious.
"Uh, Alex." She says. I frown at her questioningly. "Yeah, and he works at Target!" She adds. "Well gotta go, bye!" She dashes into the house, leaving me standing there in shock, probably looking like an idiot.

I can't believe she dodged me like that. ME. You know, Henry Hart. I'm honestly so confused now. I thought she liked me too, just like almost every other girl.

I guess not.

I turn, and walk towards my house. What a weird night.