Preface

If this is your first time reading feel free to skip:

This is an updated version of Rogue, now titled "The Rogue Alpha". It is an ongoing update and if you would like to follow a normal update pattern of once, possibly twice, a week please follow on webnovel under the same title but my name there is "satirical.ailments". I will always let you guys know where the new update ends but it will probably be in batches of six from whenever I finish and moving forward. Thanks and love yalls! (preface hasn't changed)

~~~

A young boy with silky ringlets of dark brown hair, huge ocean blue eyes, and highly arched cheekbones sat on the porch of his home. He watched curiously as the surrounding adults ran back and forth, never stopping once to see him.

It wasn't of his understanding that the adults were frantic, trying in vain to stop an attack from their neighboring town. To him it was as if the adults were playing a game, one only the adults could play. His mommy and daddy were out there too, playing the game with the other adults.

Suddenly he was scooped up into big, strong arms. Surprised, he looked up and met bright viridian eyes staring down at him with concern. He could recognize the features of his Alpha anywhere. The Alpha had strong, manly features that made him look scruffy and rough, when truthfully the Alpha was nice and kind.

"Alpha, why are you taking me away?" He asked with the innocence only a five year old could produce.

A pained look crossed his Alpha's face. "We are going to the big house, young one. For your own safety."

The boy perked up. "Will mommy and daddy be there too?"

"No..." The Alpha's tone broke. "You're mommy and daddy won't be coming back at all."

"What does that mean?"

They reached the big house before the Alpha could answer. The Alpha carried him up the stairs and into a room with painted blue walls and shelves with the coolest airplanes the boy had ever seen in his life. He was sat onto a bed and told by the Alpha to stay, which he did deligently. A moment later, two boys who were a few years older than him entered.

One had straight hair such a dark shade of red it looked almost black and hazel eyes carried a tray that had juice and cookies. This was the Alpha's son.

The other boy was a bit taller than the Alpha's son with messy blonde hair and amber eyes that looked almost red. This was the Alpha's son's best friend.

"How are you feeling?"The boy asked him.

"I'm fine." He said. "I just want my mommy and daddy."

"That's what dad meant..." The Alpha's son mumbled. "You're parents aren't coming back."

He blinked. "Alpha said the same thing. What does that mean?"

The boy sighed and sat down the tray before coming to sit next to him. "It means that you will never see them again. It means that for now on you're going to live in the big house."

"How come I'll never see them again?"

"Because some very mean people took them away." The other boy said, sitting on his other side. "They can't ever come back because they have no choice but to say away."

"Can I go save them?" The Alpha's son shook his head, causing the boy to frown. "But I want my mommy and daddy."

"You like Batman?" The blonde boy asked, eyeing his shirt. It was his favorite Batman shirt.

He nodded vigorously. "I love Batman! He's the best!'

"Well you don't see Batman's mommy and daddy do you?"

"N-no."

"And he's doing pretty good right?"

"Yeah."

"Well can't you be like Batman from now on?"

"O-okay." The boy looked down sadly. "But I'm going to miss them."

Suddenly arms wrapped around him and he was pulled into a warm, comforting body. He was stiff for a long moment, until he realized what was happening and relaxed into the blonde boy's embrace.

"You'll be just fine." The boy murmured into his ear, squeezing him tightly. "I promise."

~~

Okay muchachos, so I know I'm not supposed to be writing any new stories, but I seriously just could not help this one. It was wiggling about in my head until I wrote it down. I will (eventually) update Wolf Sense, but I'm actually thinking about rewriting Angulus Humanaes, so for anyone reading that one...sorry.

Actually I should put an authors note for AH saying that.

Hmm.

Any who diddly, comment and/or vote if you liked the chapter! :3