T W O

I awoke to the early morning sun. I opened my eyes to find myself in my new room, in my new bed. I sat up and felt my back crack immediately. I groaned and grabbed my phone to check the time.

10:57 am.

I got out of bed and stared out of the small window. The window was set adjacent to the dark woods behind the house and I have to admit that it was pretty creepy. I'd have to check it out sometime but maybe not by myself.

I walked into the bathroom and fixed my hair a bit. I brushed my teeth and did my business. I shrugged off the light jacket I had on and threw it on my bed.

I headed down the steps and smelled coffee brewing.

The living room's television was playing some cooking show as I walked past it. As I walked into the kitchen, aunt Shelley had her hair pulled back into a ponytail and an apron tied around her.

"Good morning." I greeted from behind the bar. I sat down on one of the stools.

Aunt Shelley turned to me with a bright smile on her face." Morning!" She exclaimed.

I gave a little laugh." You must be feeling better." I spoke up.

Aunt Shelley put an empty plate in front of me. She grabbed a pan filled with scrambled eggs and scooped some onto the plate." I'm feeling refreshed. My head aches a bit but I'm fine sweetie."

I nodded and grabbed a fork to dig into the eggs. She then grabbed another plate and handed me a few pieces of crispy turkey bacon. I smiled. It was always my favorite.

"What're your plans for today?" I questioned as I ate off a piece from the bacon strip.

Shelley poured herself a cup of coffee."I'm probably going to go over to Jenny's house. She's our neighbor down the road. I usually hang out with her on Saturdays. We like to have our girl time. You can come if you like..." She offered.

I shook my head and swallowed the remaining eggs in my mouth." I'm gonna stay here. Maybe explore. Maybe watch movies."

Aunt Shelley nodded and stuck her coffee mug in the sink, along with her plate." I'm gonna go get myself dressed and then head over. Are you sure you'll be okay?"

"Aunt Shelley, I'll be fine. Maybe I'll walk into town to see if there are any job openings." I explained.

"Well alright but be careful. Oh and I advise you to stay out of those woods behind our house. I'd just prefer it if you stay away." She said in a jumble.

She quickly disappeared and left me to finish my breakfast by myself. I sighed. She left so quickly that I couldn't really ask any questions.

I remember the cashier that I spoke to yesterday told me something about her husband being found in the woods. I found myself wanting to explore more and more.

Maybe I can get to the bottom of everything happening.

I finished my food and left my plate in the sink. Hopefully aunt Shelley doesn't make me do the dishes. I absolutely loathe doing the dishes...or any chore.

I ran up the stairs and dressed myself into a pair of jeans and a plain t-shirt. I really needed to go shopping for shorts. I didn't really have any.

I let my hair down and let it do its own thing. It wasn't so bad. It was wavy.

I walked back into my bedroom and found my converse in the back of my closet. I was happy that I remembered to pack them.

I slipped them on and tied them tightly.