T H I R T Y - S E V E N

When I woke the next morning, i could feel my head pounding. I don't remember drinking last night but I sure felt like I had a hangover.

I could already feel the morning sickness rush over me as I sat up and rubbed my head.

I looked over to find the other side of the bed empty and I couldn't say that I was surprised. Justin never slept so I'm sure he couldn't stay in one place for too long.

I stood from the bed and stretched my limbs out. I stifled a yawn and walked towards my bathroom to brush my teeth and throw my hair up.

After brushing my tongue and reflexively gagging, I ended up dumping my brains out in the toilet. I stomped my foot in frustration and took another two minutes to brush my teeth all over again.

I ran a brush through my wavy hair and tied it up into a pony tail. I didn't really care how I looked to Shelley in the morning, she should be glad that I chose to get out of bed today.

I squinted my eyes to get a closer look at myself in the mirror. I noticed a small black and purple mark and pulled my collar down to reveal a couple of dots in my neck that were surrounded by a big bruise.

I sighed and let my collar go.

I made my way down the stairs and when I reached the kitchen, I did a double take as I watched Justin flipping a couple of pancakes. He immediately turned around to me and he gave me a smile.

"Good morning, baby." He greeted but the only thing I could reply back with was a smile.

I watched as he slid the pancakes onto a plate and doused them in syrup. He left a fork on the plate and set it down at the dining room table. I assumed it was mine since...well... He doesn't consume food.

I sat in front of the plate and felt my stomach clench in disgust. It smelt horribly sweet but it looked so good.

Being pregnant has side effects like certain smells make you sick even if you know it usually wouldn't. Certain foods make you feel sick even if you know it's something you would consume. It's just never a win-win situation.

You always lose to your fetus.

I pushed the plate back and sat back in my seat. Justin sat across from me and sipped on a glass of red liquid.

I didn't even need to ask.

"What's wrong?" He wondered.

"I'm not feeling too well. It comes along with being pregnant." I explained.

Justin nodded."Last night was amazing, Ana. I guess I never realized how much I actually missed you until I held you in my arms again."

"I've never felt the way that I did last night. What did you do to me?" I asked.

He chuckled." Well when two vampires love each other and they're devoted to one another, they tend to partake in marking each other. It's supposed to bring pleasure and energy but I forget that you're not one of us and I got caught up in the moment."

"No. No. It's fine." I bit my lip."I felt so...good."

Justin smirked."I'm glad I could be the one to do it to you, babe."

I rolled my eyes and ran my hand over my tiny bump.

Justin rose from his seat and held his empty glass in his hand.

"I need to get going. I have a business meeting with Lucille and Alec in a couple of hours." Justin spoke.

"Business meeting?" I questioned curiously.

"Lucille and Alec got me into doing some council work. It keeps me busy." He said simply. I didn't push any further and nodded in understanding.

I pushed my chair out from the table and followed him to the front door.

"Oh I wanted to give you something." I said," Wait here." I quickly ran up to my bedroom and opened up my desk drawer. I found the black and white photo that I had stashed there from my last appointment.

I dashed back down the stairs and back to Justin, who had a cheesy grin on his face the entire time.

I handed him the ultrasound pictures and his face dropped. I wondered what was wrong as I stared at his expression. I furrowed my brows in confusion.

But suddenly, I watched as tears spilled from his eyes as they stared at the picture of the tiny bean shaped fetus that had implanted itself in my womb.

"She's beautiful." He whispered out and he embraced me into a tight hug. He kissed my lips repeatedly with excitement and let out a heavy breath.

"She?" I asked.

He smirked."It's going to be a girl. I mean I'm happy with whatever but I want my little princess to come first."

"Well good thing we're betting on the same gender." I replied,"My next appointment is next month if you'd like to come since you've never been. I feel like you'd wanna hear the baby's heartbeat. It's a once in a lifetime experience." I explained honestly.

"I'll be there." He stated and leaned down to capture my lips with his.

I never wanted him to leave but I knew that he'd be back sometime soon, even if it was only in my dreams.

~

SHORT CHAPTER BUT YOU KNOW IM GONNA UPDATE AGAIN SOON

YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE AND IM SO GRATEFUL FOR YOU LIKE TYSFM FOR CHOOSING TO READ MY STORY AND VOTE AND LEAVE COMMENTS LIKE IT MAKES ME FEEL AMAZING

ILYSFM & TY💕

HOPE YOU ENJOYED