S E V E N T E E N

Justin's p.o.v

I paced the floor of my bedroom with my hands gripping my hair. I was beyond frustrated with myself. I left Ana. It's the last thing I wanted to do.

Now I'm here, with Caroline and her clan, trying to make the vampire world hell.

After I left Ana, I immediately met Caroline and my brother. We flew to London, where the council's kingdom resides. Caroline had told me that some of her other vampires, who were newborns, had killed the original council already. They were waiting for our arrival.

In order for Caroline to keep her word of not harming Ana, she said I would need to rule beside her.

I had now become a leader or prince as some may say.

A knock sounded on the bedroom door and I stopped in my tracks.

"Come in." I said, loud enough for the person on the other side of the door to hear.

Jason stepped into the room and closed the door behind him. He gave me a look that I couldn't read.

"How are you holding up?" He asked.

I shook my head." I wanna leave. Can't I just give you this god forsaken title and go home?"

Jason shook his head and crossed his muscular arms." Where exactly is home, Justin?"

"Wherever Ana is, Jason. I love her. She may be human but it doesn't change anything. I want to be with her for the rest of my eternity." I explained seriously. My eyes never leaving his.

He sighed. He seemed to have ignored my confession of love for Ana when he spoke again." Caroline wants everybody in the dining hall at eight. Change into something nice."

I bit the inside of my cheek to keep myself from outbursting with anger. I nodded.

He turned to leave but not before adding," and don't mention Ana anymore, Justin. Just forget about her." He opened up the door and left.

I scoffed.

What the hell have I gotten myself into?

* * *

Anastasia's p.o.v

I laid on a towel in the backyard. I let my body bask in the sun, hoping for some type of color to my skin.

It may seem like I'm well but in all honesty I knew I would break eventually.

I turned the page to the book I was reading and placed my bookmark into the book. I couldn't focus much on the book anyways.

My mind was thinking about Justin.

Aunt Shelley told me to go find him. I just didn't know how.

It's not like he's up to speed with technology and I can't just shoot him a quick text.

For god sakes, he leaves me notes just to apologize.

I closed my eyes as I adjusted myself to become comfortable. My black bikini top was untied so I wouldn't catch tan lines and my cut off shorts that came to the top of my thigh, were unbuttoned at the top.

All of a sudden I heard Rex growling devilishly. I opened my eyes and sat up on my elbows to see that he was growling up at a figure stood in the distance.

I jumped up and stood to my feet. I tied my top around my neck rather quickly. The figure stood still until I opened the backyard's gate. The figure whisked away in one swift motion.

But my feet overtook my brain.

I followed it.

I ran into the dark woods to try and catch it but it was gone. I stood in the middle of the woods and looked around, twisting and turning at every sound.

I walked a little further and heard the sound of thunder rumbling in the grey sky.

"Ana." Someone whispered into my ear. I turned towards the direction it came but found nothing.

My heart raced in my chest and I decided that I should probably head back. This wasn't a good idea nor will it ever be.

My feet trekked towards the edge of the woods but I felt a slight tap on my shoulder and halted. I flipped around quickly and saw nothing but the eery woods that was filled with dead trees and hanging moss.

When I turned back, I found my eyes traveling towards a pair of blood red eyes.

She had a devious smirk pasted on her face.

"Can I help you?" I asked, knowing this encounter wouldn't be good. Coming face to face with a vampire wasn't exactly a cup of tea.

She chuckled darkly."You humans don't know when to use your manners."

I furrowed my brows.

"I'm Lucille. And that-" she turned and pointed to the falling body in the air. When they landed she finished," is my idiot brother."

She whacked the back of his head."Now is not the time to be jumping from trees. We're here on business." She spoke lowly to him.

They both looked around my age but I never really knew how old these vampires really were. My guess would be a couple hundred years old.

"How exactly am I apart of your 'business'?" I questioned, curiously.

The boy stared at me with a smile. His white teeth sparkled and his dimples poked through his rosy cheeks. He had bright red eyes and chocolate brown hair. His white t-shirt revealed his toned arms and abs.

"We need your help..." Lucille spoke.

"Why would you need my help?" I asked.

She sighed." We know about your ties to Justin, He used to be a friend of ours. Us vamps never really give up our bonds with each other. Anyways, I've gotten word that Caroline has taken over everything. If we go find them, we have a good chance at killing her." Lucille explained."We have a few other vampires behind us to help. But you, you're important. If you're there, we have a good chance at getting Justin on our side. He'll do anything for you and if that means killing Caroline..."

I let the information run through my head until I spoke again.

"How am I supposed to help you kill vampires? I mean, doesn't that require training?" I questioned. God, I've watched too many movies...

She laughed.

"It's not that hard but we could teach you a few moves. Alec is pretty good with that type of stuff." She said, referring to her brother. I nodded.

"How do I know you're not just here to kidnap me and suck me dry?" I asked seriously.

Lucille looked at Alec and they both burst into laughter.

Her eyes met mine again." If I wanted your blood, I would've gotten it. Now are you with us or not?"

I let out a deep breath."Yes."