T W E N T Y - O N E

I awoke to the sound of rain drops hitting the window beside the bed I had currently been sleeping in.

I rubbed my tired eyes and sat up. There was a digital alarm clock on the bedside table that flashed bright red numbers.

10:04 pm.

We had about two hours before leaving the hotel and I would finally come face to face with Justin again.

I got out of bed and stumbled to the bathroom attached to it and stopped at the sink. I stared at myself in the mirror and smiled.

I felt happy.

I fixed my messy hair and took a deep breath in. I stepped back out of the bathroom and walked towards the locked door.

I opened the door slowly and found that the hallway was dark.

As I passed one of the other doors, I could hear Lucille's voice speaking in a serious manner. Clearly everyone that had come to help us was sitting in that room right now preparing for tonight.

I didn't know why they were all cooped up in one room but I wasn't going to complain.

I walked towards the kitchen, hoping for something to drink. I opened up the fridge to find at least a hundred bottles and packets of blood. My stomach clenched and I quickly shut it.

I grabbed an untouched glass from one of the cabinets and filled it with tap water. I sipped it slowly and felt it fill my empty stomach.

I left the glass on the counter.

I thought about walking into that room to sit in and hear what Lucille was talking about and what the plans were but my mind decided otherwise.

My eyes spotted a map and the blueprints that were of the mansion we would be invading.

My fingers touched the map and my finger followed the line that started from the hotel to the mansion.

I made sure to read street names and moved the map away to search the blueprint. I saw that they had named each room and my eyes traveled to the third floor.

I found that one of the two rooms on the third floor was Justin's.

My mind retained the information I had just learned and I glanced at the direction of the hallway to see that it was still quiet and Lucille was still talking.

I tip-toed to the door that led to the sixth floor lobby and opened it quickly. I took another glance behind me, hoping Lucille and Alec wouldn't be mad, and shut the door behind me as quiet as I could.

I raced to the elevator and pressed the down arrow as much as I could, hoping that the elevator would come faster.

Once it dinged, I stepped inside and pressed the number one and sat back as I waited to be shifted to the bottom of the hotel.

Once it reached the bottom, I stepped out to find the young girl that was behind the front desk earlier was gone.

I decided not to stay a minute more and rushed towards the doors that lead to the outside world.

The cool breeze hit me almost immediately and I took in the scent of fresh air mixed with fresh baked goods.

My stomach rumbled but I ignored it as I hurried down the street.

>

I stood still as I peeked through the tall bushes. I stared at the tall mansion ahead of me.

It was gorgeous.

It was very quiet which seemed odd to me. I didn't see a guard in sight so I quickly ran up to the house. The darkness hid me well as I looked up at the side of the house. I stared up at Justin's window and noticed that his light was on, meaning he was still inside his room.

My heart pounded in my chest as I took one last look around and used my sweaty palms to grab onto the side of the tall building.

I groaned as quiet as I could as my fingertips became cut up by the concrete of the walls.

When I was little, I used to be really good at climbing trees but I really underestimated the fact that a tree is very much different than a three story mansion.

I made it to the very top window and peeked inside to find it empty. I furrowed my brows and held myself long enough to check the window. I tried pushing it up and to my luck it opened wide enough for me to pull my body inside.

I hit the ground with a thud and groaned.

I rubbed the back of head for a moment before getting up and inspecting the room.

It was empty.

I walked towards the bedroom door but halted when I heard two voices talking very lowly. I didn't want to take any chances.

I scurried to the walk-in closet and threw myself inside. I shut the door and watched from behind the door as Justin entered the room with Caroline.

She wore a lacy cream nightgown that touched the floor, a slit was cut on the side of the dress to reveal her toned leg.

Justin stood as Caroline took it upon herself to sprawl out on the bed. She patted a spot next to her but he obliged.

He crossed his arms and stared at her."Answer my question." He said in a serious tone.

She batted her long eyelashes at him and smirked." I can't."

He sighed." Why not?"

"...because it's not important. I'm interested in other things at the moment." She spoke and stood to her feet swiftly. She used her fingertips to touch Justin as she circled him.

"Just get out." He demanded.

She scoffed." Are you serious?"

He sucked his breath in." Yes, now get the fuck out!"

"You're a real asshole, Justin." She spat as she walked over to the door and opened it.

She slammed it after her.

Justin let out another sigh and ran a hand through his hair.

I moved back a bit to become comfortable and my hand caught something hard and it quickly hit the ground with a thud. I mentally shot myself and hoped he didn't hear that.

I watched as he turned his head towards the closet. His eyes shone red, obviously because he was ready to kill something or someone who had snuck into his room and into his closet.

He walked towards the door and I stepped back into the darkness. His fingertips reached the knob and I was shaking.

I wasn't sure why though.

The knob turned and the door opened and there he stood in front of me.

His mouth dropped open.

I gave him a smile and an awkward wave.

"Ana?" He spoke breathlessly.