N I N E

I clapped my hands together." Yes!" I squealed out.

Jason laughed at me but then pouted."Lucky for you to get a strike."

I smirked." I must be amazing at this game I suppose."

We both sat down at a table near the bowling lanes and ordered a large cheese pizza. He clasped his hands together and looked at me.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked. He was blunt to say the least.

My heart began to beat faster. I guess a small lie wouldn't hurt. I mean, I didn't want to hurt his feelings if he thought this was a date anyways.

"No. What about you?" I wondered. It's not like I could explain things to him anyways.

He gave me a look." No. I don't have a boyfriend." I giggled.

The pizza was set on the table between us. I seemed to be the only one eating it though. I wiped my hands on a napkin and threw it down on the table. He was staring at me which I found odd. Only Justin did that but I didn't mind.

"What's Texas like?" I asked him. His eyes never left me.

"Big and crowded." He said flatly. I nodded and got up from the table.

"I'm gonna use the restroom. I'll be right back." I said lowly.

I quickly disappeared into a hallway where the bathrooms were located and looked at myself in the mirror.

This kid was weird. I wish I would've just said I had a boyfriend. Maybe he wouldn't be acting the way he is with all the staring he's doing. I took a deep breath and hoped that Justin would come to my rescue.

I chose a stall and did my business. Once I was out, I washed my hands and dried them with a paper towel. I opened the door and to my surprise, I found Jason. He was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

"Oh. H-Hey." I stuttered out. He gave me a nod.

"I thought maybe we could get out of here. There's this really beautiful place I found. It'll be perfect to watch the stars." He explained. I didn't have any other choice but to agree. His hand grabbed my own and I immediately pulled it away. He gave me a look.

"I'm sorry. I just-" he quickly cut me off.

"It's whatever." He said and continued to walk ahead of me.

Now I really didn't want to go with him. He probably hated me now but I did have Justin and I didn't want to hold hands with anybody else. I guess you could say I'm falling for him.

Once we got outside, it was dark. The street lights were brighter than usual so it was easier to see but if they weren't there, I'd be blind to my surroundings.

I opened up the car door and sat inside. Jason started up the car and instantaneously pulled out of the parking lot. I didn't look at him but I could see his hands in the corner of my eye. They were both set on the steering wheel. He was squeezing so hard, his knuckles were white.

"Maybe I should just go home." I spoke up. But Jason didn't say anything. He just kept driving. I swallowed hard and watched as he came up to Shelley's house. I felt my heart calm itself. But I was too quick to assume he was that nice. He sped up and drove right past aunt Shelley's house.

My heart dropped.

"Jason?" I said.

He looked over to me. His eyes. They were red.

Shit.

"Y-You're one of them.." I stated in shock. He chuckled.

"Sweetheart, you're so naïve. Did you really think I wanted to take you out to get to know you?" He questioned. I shook my head with disbelief.