{Chapter Four}

Sorry for the mistakes!

{Chapter Four}

I stand nervously, outside of my Design Literacy classroom. Students keep piling in, while I stand there prepping myself.

You can do this.

You are a Keelson.

Even more, you are Annachi Keelson.

Smiling, I walk into the classroom, on of my laces falls under my shoe and makes me click, while walking in. God damn it. Looking at everyone, as I walk towards a desk, I mentally groan at myself. I am so stupid.

This is the first day of the new school year. Not just my first day, but everyone's. And by the look on their faces, they are just as nervous as I am.

Thankfully, today is just meeting our teachers and the students in my class. I have Design Literacy and Packaging Design today, which are two, of my three Graphic Design classes. My last Graphic Design class is Typography.

Tomorrow, I will be meeting with my two Fashion Design classes and my last Graphic Design class. My two Fashion Design classes are History of Fashion and Fashion Design.

As we sit and wait, everyone glances around nervously. I, on the other hand, look at the ground, all of a sudden regretting everything.

What I'm wearing, what supplies I brought, why I even took this class!

Because of the hot weather, I decided on wearing a loose white shirt, with some pale jean cut off shorts, along with my white high tops. I should've worn jeans!

Because it's Design Literacy, I brought a notes book and some pens. What if we need something else? I should've brought something else!

What if I'm not good enough for this class? For this school? Why did I take this class? I'm not that good!

My eyes dart towards the door, nervously. Maybe I can make a break for it and get away. What the fuck is happening to me? I have become so uncourageous, since I've been accepted here! Once again, my eyes dart to the door.

   "Hey guys!" A man greets, coming in the door. There's a slight limp in his walk and I get to decide if it's a medical condition, or his swag. He wears a big hoodie and jeans, that sit on his hips, thankfully. His long brown hair is in a man bun, at the back of his head.

Swag, definitely swag.

   "My name is Oliver and you can call me that. I am your Design Literacy teacher." He says. "Today, we're just going to have a chilled back lesson, while we discuss what were gonna learn and get to know each other." Oliver says, sitting at his desk.

   "So, what is Design Literacy?" He asks, in what is supposed to be a rhetorical question, but a girl a few desks away, shoots her hand up immediately. "Oh, yeah okay. What's your name?"

   "Madeline Applegate." She says. "Design Literacy is when you discover the cultural elements of both visual and verbal design. And it is appreciation of globalization and localization design messages." She states proudly. Oliver nods.

   "Exactly. So, we will be learning all the Maria said, along with some projects, that include using aesthetic and communicational aspects of design."