I'm not Leaving You

I heard it all. All of Yusuf's plans. Everything.
I stomped upstairs and swung his door open. I was prepared to attack him back. He misinterpreted the situation with Sameer and called me names. Saying that all he ever did was be kind to me and I betrayed him.

Honestly,  how could he accuse me of such a thing? He had changed. And now I knew it was Heather who lead him astray. Astaghfirullah.

I was about to launch my attacks but what I saw was heartbreaking.
Yusuf was curled into a ball in the corner of his room. He was swaying back and forth. He seemed lost.

I delayed my anger and all I felt was pity. He hadn't noticed I was standing behind him and suddenly his phone rang.

"What do you want?" He spat as he answered the phone.
I back away and listened.

"Yes it's taken care of." He continued
"I'll do whatever it takes but just leave her out of it. I already tried so hard to push her away from me. Don't get her involved. Just use me. Got that?"
He turned around and his eyes were puffy and red.

Crap. He saw me. What now? Run?

Suddenly his expression changed from sorrowful to serious.

"Okay. Heather. See you later. Love you too." He smirked and ended the conversation. He threw his phone away from him and approached me.

His words echoed. Heather. Love you too.

Tears welled in my eyes, threatening to spill. What happened to him?

He just said leave me out of it. Which means, he just said those things to push me away. I know it. I know he won't do this to me.

"Get out. Can't you give me some privacy?" He pushed my shoulders.

"No. I heard everything.  I know what you're doing. Heather is using you.
Just let me help.  Please." I held my tears.

"What? You seemed to have misunderstood me."

"Yusuf stop lying. I know you."

"You don't know me. I told her leave you out of it because I don't want to see your disgusting face again. And she's not using me, I'm using her. Now get lost."
He smirked and slammed his door in
my face.

My heart  throbbed. Is that all true?
It...can't be. Right?

I stood like a lost child in front of his door. Hot tears were streaming down my cheeks.

Strong arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me into a hug.
I resisted it. Haram much!

I didn't even bother to look at Sameer. I just walked into my room and sobbed.