prologue

The way Dominic kissed her a few seconds ago was different, different from the previous times. She could feel the void between them, the one he created.

She'd observed this change but kept silent about it, not wanting to put him under unnecessary pressure but the more time went by, the more this void expanded.

It was impossible not to notice, Dom spoilt her wit his attention, she was so emotionally attached to him that it was impossible to miss when he withdrew.

"Allie we need to talk."

He said nervously. Yes she knew he was nervous, she'd seen him like that more times than she could count.

She bounced on the nearest couch to her and despite her sour mood, she smiled, hoping to put him at ease.

"Sure."

He combed long fingers through his sleek black hair and turned his back to her.

"Allie, I can't do this anymore. It's over between the two of us."

Allie did a double take.

Then he turned to look at her, his eyes were empty pools of blue.

"Excuse me!?"

She screamed in disbelief.

Oh God! He's serious...
No, no, no!!!

Her mind screamed, but no sound passed her lips.

"You didn't do anything, it's just not the same as before."

He squat in front of her and placed his hand on her bare knees.

"I hope you find someone better than me and be happy."

He said and tore his eyes away from her huge green eyes and sighed.

Leaning in, he dropped a soft kiss on her lips and stood straight up.

He dropped her spare key on the center table.

Somewhere at the back of her mind, she heard him say goodbye.

But she wasn't sure what she heard because she could barely hear anything over the thumping of her heart.

Slowly her head turned towards the front door, hoping he'd cone back and laugh at her face like he always did but as seconds turned to minutes and minutes into hours, she realised he wouldn't come back.

Her boyfriend of four years just dumped her.

She should've seen this coming.

The last time they made love, she had to practically seduce him which was unusual.

He was always busy with work, too busy to make time to call her, too busy to hang out,....

Dom what am I supposed to do without you?

The pain in her chest gradually dissipated, leaving her emotionless.

She felt....
numb.