Six

Dom watched her through hooded eyes a frown creased his brows, she looked disturbed.

was it because of James? she had to stop worrying, James was okay, he called Alexie this morning to check on him.

he felt guilty for not calling Drake yesterday, he had no tangible excuse.

he had to make it up to Drake somehow.

He loved his son. Drake came first before other things.

Allie said something yesterday during the meeting, though it sounded stupid and weird at first but  so far it was making sense.

From what the engineers are saying, it was possible to reduce engine size. and maybe, just maybe it might shorten their stay here.

he kept watching her, a small smile curved on his lips, she looked bored, she didn't belong here with these business men, this loving heart and caring hands belonged in the hospital and with his children, their children.

"this meeting will hold again in two days."

He said and rose to his feet.
What!? Allie's tired.

And The engineers needed a little time to construct their ideas and bring up something tangible.

"Miss Parker."

He called under his breath, stopping her before she got to the door.

waiting for others to leave, he took his time in making his way to her.

"what did I do this time?"

she asked, turning around to face him.

she looked worse than he saw from across the table.

"Allie, Jimmy is fine, stop worrying."

her shoulders slumped and she sighed.

"what would you do if you were in my shoes?"

she asked, in a soft tone that surprised him, he was expecting a sarcastic or rude come back.

"Lex is real good, Don't worry yourself."

she crossed  her arms on her chest and gave him a look.

"if anything bad happens to James, I'll take full responsibility."

she raised her head and looked up into his eyes, her own filled with surprise.

"trust me."

he said and took her hand.

"come on."

starting for the door, he groaned and stopped walking when he felt her resistance.

"I won't bite."

he said and continued walking, he pushed open the door and walked out of the room.

the elevator would be faster, he was taking her to the ground floor to eat.

she looked starved, and tired.

"you didn't eat yesterday, did you?"

he asked her when the door to the elevator closed, his eyes filled with anger.

she looked up into his eyes and  flinched.

He closed his eyes and exhaled, calming himself down.

"sorry."

No, he wasn't angry at her, he was angry at himself, he'd promised James that his mother would be alright and he was doing a lousy job in keeping it.