Eleven

There was a frantic and persistent knocking that woke Allie up from her peaceful slumber.

Who could this be at this unholy hour of the night?
What time was it anyway?
She checked.

Twelve thirty two.

she groaned, stretched herself and sat up. the pounding continued, more desperately.
she scrambled out of bed and hurried to answer the door

Immediately she opened her door, she was pulled into someone's arms.

Dom's arms.
She knew it because it hadn't changed, the way he used to hold her gently and kiss her fiercely and...

"Peaches... I was worried sick! when did you leave?"

He released her and stepped inside her room, closing the door behind him.

"A little while ago."
She stood by the door, ready to kick him out at the slightest provocation.

"Wow! That was sneaky."
He laughed lightly.

"Why?"
She rolled her eyes.
One would think they weren't, once upon a time, almost one flesh.

"That party is for the rich..."
She mumbled, crossing her arms.

Please leave! You've toiled with my defences for too long.

Dom forced himself to look away, since when did she start wearing real night gowns?

My Allie sleeps in oversized t-shirts.
He didn't know what changed but he loved it.

"You know, I was sleeping before you knocked."
She sighed.

Dom didn't want to leave just yet, but she'd blocked him out already, she didn't want to talk.
He exhaled, giving into the urge to look at her again.

Her hair was already tangling from sleep, her eyelids were half closed, hiding her eyes from him, he watched the rise and fall of her chest for a second and concluded she was uncomfortable with him standing not more than three feet away.

"Why do you want so desperately for me to leave?"

Allie swallowed the quite unpleasant words she wanted to throw his way.

"I want to sleep! I have a five thirty am flight to catch."
Her eyes were burning like coals, green coals.

"I'm not leaving yet, besides, you owe me a dance."
She frowned his way, what dance?

"I'm sure there's no law that compels me to dance with anyone."
Dom smiled, smart mouth intact.

"Firstly, I was supposed to be your date but you ditched me and left early. Secondly, I should've gotten the first dance but you gave it to Ryan."

He felt stupid and childish for saying that, but he didn't care at the moment.

"So it's only fair that you dance with me now that we're together."
She watched him pull out his phone from his pocket and without struggle, selected a song.

Her mouth fell open.
This used to be her one time favorite song, she used to sing this song everyday until he left.

"Dance with me?"
She snapped out of the past to the present with Dom, offering his hand to her.

"Please...just for five minutes."
He added, reaching out to take her hand.

Allie was touched that he still had that song despite changing his phone.
She wondered if he listens to it.

He tugged her closer.

"You still have this song."
Dom held his breath, only releasing it when she was close enough to lay her head on his chest.