03

When Grace wakes up the next morning, she hears voices in the kitchen. Thinking nothing of it, that it's her aunt and Jeremy, she goes downstairs still in her pajamas. Her pajamas consisted of an oversized shirt and no pants or shorts. She goes into the kitchen.

"Aunt Jenna, is the coffee done?" She asks yawning

"Yeah. Say hello to our guest." Jenna says pointing to the man standing behind her

When Grace looks at the man, the coffee mug filled with coffee hits the ground shattering. Coffee is spilt everywhere. Grace's mouth is agape.

"H-how?" She asks the man low so that Jenna doesn't hear.

"The name is Elijah Mikaelson. You must be the famous Grace Gilbert everyone seems to be talking about. Hope you stay in mystic falls." The man says holding his hand out towards Grace.

Grace doesn't shake it. Her cheeks blush a bright red realizing what she was wearing.

"I better go change. I have school to get to." She says and rushes upstairs.

She goes into her closet and opens the door. She walks in, grabs clothes, hears the door downstairs close, and turns around. She almost screams as she sees Elijah sitting on her bed.

"I must speak to you and Elena. I promise to not hurt your friends or family. As long as none of you hurt me or try killing me. I am a man or my word. I give you my word that I will not hurt any of you, and keep you safe. As long as you don't try hurting me or killing me. Once one of you try anything, my word will no longer mean anything." Elijah says

"I, uh, I'll talk to Elena and everyone." She says

He nods and leaves. She quickly changes and gets ready for school. She gets there and gets her schedule seeing that she has history first. She walks to the class and smiles seeing Elena, Stefan, Bonnie, Sam, Caroline, Matt, and Tyler.

"Ah. The new student. Mrs. Gilbert. You are late." She hears a deep voice say causing her to shiver in delight.

"Sorry sir. I was busy." She says turning around to look at the history teacher known as mr. Saltzman.

"Stay after class." He says in a firm voice

She sighs but nods. She goes to sit by Elena.

"Stop. You can't sit by Elena. I know you two are twins. I know you two will talk all class because I know Elena. You can go sit by, Samantha." He says stopping her and not knowing about her and Sam being best friends.

She nods. She goes and sits by Sam and smirks at her. They give each other looks meaning they are going to raise some hell in this class.

After a while, class ends and Grace stays there. She puts her feet up on her desk scowling at mr. Saltzman.

"I don't want you late to my class anymore. Got it?" He asks causing her to laugh.

"Right. Like that'll happen. Anyways, I better go." She says getting up from the desk

"See. There's that smile. You've been scowling at me the entire time. Anyways, you will not be late to my class or I will have to have a chat with your aunt." He says

She just ignores him and leaves the class going to the rest of her classes throughout the day.