19

Another month comes and goes. Alaric and Grace had just gotten back from their appointment. They'd find out the gender next appointment. They head back to their apartment. Once there, the two of them load up Grace's things as they would be leaving in half an hour to drop her off at the college. They finish getting her things in the car and they get in. The drive to the college was silent. Once there, they look at each other.

"I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight without you in my arms." Alaric says, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Just nine months before I can be in your arms again. I promise." Grace says.

"I promise too. Nine months. I'll be there for our baby's birth in five months too." He says as sets his hand on her stomach.

They both smile and wipe away their tears.

"Elizabeth will miss her daddy." Grace says, causing Alaric to chuckle.

"Dylan will miss his daddy. I'll miss his mommy." He says as he kisses her lips.

"I'll miss her daddy." She says as they pull away.

Alaric gets out and helps her bring her things to the dorm she was in with Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie. Alaric didn't tell Grace, but he had gotten a job at the college as a history teacher. He had just gotten the job offer a few days ago and wanted to surprise her. He would be still living in his apartment and only had two classes a day, so he would be bringing the baby to classes he had that day, after the baby was born, instead of hiring a babysitter. He wanted to take care of his child on his own. Not have a babysitter. Some girls smile at Alaric but when they do, he grabs onto Grace's hand to show he wasn't available. They roll their eyes and walk to their dorms. Grace laughs a bit as they continue bringing things up, Grace only bringing light things as Alaric didn't want her doing too much work. Finally, they finish and say their final goodbyes for the next few months, or at least, what Grace thought. Alaric was excited to surprise her in the next few days as he knew he didn't have her until every Wednesday with Elena, Bonnie, and Caroline. Alaric leaves back to their apartment and Grace unpacks her things into the dresser she had.

"Are you excited to finally be in college? I know am." Caroline says as she helps Grace unpack.

The girls giggle as they do so.

"Yeah. Alaric was sad a bit, but for some reason, he also had this excited aura surrounding himself." Grace says.

The girls shrug and watch as Elena and Bonnie finally get to the dorm with their things.

A/N: I'm going to try updating every Sunday, but I'm also thinking about ending the book soon. Sorry to those who won't want me to end the book.