21

The next five months go by quickly. It turns out, Alaric had been right. It was a boy. They named him Maddox James Saltzman. The day he was born, was the happiest either of them could be. Or that's what they thought. When Maddox was a year old, Alaric proposed to Grace. She said yes. A year later, they were saying their vows and becoming husband and wife, with Maddox as their ring bearer. Three years after they were married, they had twin girls. Josie and Elizabeth. Grace finished college and became a kindergarten teacher. She loved her job. At night, after the kids were in bed, her and Ric would meet up with Caroline and Stefan to kill vampires. They had all four moved to Texas as Ric and Grace had both gotten job offers at the same school. She was in the elementary and he was in the high school. The twins would be at daycare while Maddox was in school. Elena was put in a coffin and no matter where Damon went, Elena's coffin was brought with. He didn't give up on trying to figure out how to open it. He chose not to give up. When the twins were six, Alaric and Grace welcomed their final child, Theo. He was their last addition, other than their dog, Bongo. Grace was never turned into a vampire again. Damon was too focused on trying to save Elena and wake her to turn Grace again. He let her live her life. Time and time again, Grace would call Damon to see if he had figured how to wake Elena yet other then having Bonnie die. A year into college, Jeremy had been killed. That was when Elena had burned down their family home. Every year, Grace, Alaric, and the kids would travel to mystic falls to see Jeremy's grave. The kids always asked Grace was Elena and Jeremy were like. They wanted to know their aunt and uncle, but it hurt Grace to know that they never would know them. People still found it weird for Alaric to be with someone much younger than him, but neither of them listened to it. They took care of their kids and lived happy for the rest of their lives.

THE END

Id like to thank everyone for reading. I hate to end this, but I feel it was right to end it. I hope you guys liked this book. Thank you for 25k views on it. I couldn't do this without any of you commenting or voting.